High Death Rate for Intel Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High Death Rate for Intel Boards?

I have another Intel board, D845GBV that requires recapping. Same old KZE bulging story. I swear, I have nothing but problems with KZE, despite them coming from a reputable manufacturer.

This board supports a medical office server. I am coming in after hours with my full recapping kit, vacuum, solder station, etc, etc to do this job onsite. Distance and time constraints prevent me from doing the work on the bench, and I do not have a spare board as a swap-in replacement. I will bring a spare D875PBZ in case of unexpected board death.

I did find a faster matching Northwood replacement for the current 1.8 processor. The new one steps up to 533 FSB which will give this old board a nice boost.

Comment

Re: High Death Rate for Intel Boards?

I sounds to me like somewhere along the line someone was replacing the faulty HN and HM series caps on those boards with KZE.
      -
      If this is true KZE is probably under rated for the app and they are over heating.
      KZE is only rated for ~63-70% of the ripple HN/HM can handle.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X