L2410Nm color issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L2410Nm color issues

I know someone else has a thread about this model but I have a different issue and dont wanna highjack someone elses thread. Im having this issue where a part of my screen is showing this red strait lines, which move when I display images on the other side of the screen. I was wondering if anyone knew what this could be. I dont know where to start...

oh ya this is a westinghouse l2410nm montior. sorry forgot to add that
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Silviyius; 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM. Reason: missing info

Re: L2410Nm color issues

That looks like a graphics card rather than a monitor issue. Have you tried it on a different computer, or a different monitor on that computer?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

bad video card.

Comment

Its not the graphics card. I've hooked it up to my other 2 monitors and my other montiors dont show the issue. I even hooked my laptop to l2410nm and it shows the same red color graphical glitch. the monitor dose it to whatever its hooked up to. and no matter what input. I have a duel graphics set up. I've tried both cards. and when i hooked up one of my 3 monitors. besides the westinghouse one. the color is perfect. Whats strange is that is only a certain sector of the screen.

Comment

I seem to have the same problem with the same type of monitor, Westinghouse L2410NM. There is a vertical band on the left of the screen that flickers. Depending on the current color/image on the monitor it might be solid teal (as in the picture) or red (when a dark image like a dark movie scene is displayed). The same thing happens with the xbox which is plugged into a different port. Seems to change a little bit when I tap the monitor.

The boundary of the defect seems to line up with the default image displayed on the "Video" and "S-Video" displays as in the second image.

I don't see any bad caps on the boards. The monitor seems to work as normal in every other respect.

Was there a resolution for the OP?
          Attached Files

Comment

Better picture when there is dark background....
            Attached Files

Comment

So, the bad area of the screen changes from teal to red depending on how bright the rest of the screen is. If you look at the pictures, as I raise the black window up the screen the problem with the band on the left changes.

I replaced the main logic board, and the problem remains. (I HATE it when I do not find root causes to problems and just replace parts. HATE it!! I guess cause it just reinforces my stupidity.) The other things that I figure can fail in the this monitor are the power supply, "inverter" board (I think that provides the back lights) and the screen itself. I guess the power supply could be going, or is it the screen itself?

I dunno.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mwistrom; 05-21-2013, 11:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'd suspect the screen itself in this case. Time to tear it down and try pressing on the tab bonds on that side to see if the issue goes away.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I suspect you're right. i removed the metal case around the screen and see that there are flexible circuits going to the screen. there must be a problem with the connection of the one on the far left. i wiggle it and the error bar on the left changes. it doesn't turn red now, but it still stays teal, which is far less distracting.

looks like i should start looking for a new monitor. too bad. i like this one.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mwistrom; 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mwistrom View Post
                    I suspect you're right. i removed the metal case around the screen and see that there are flexible circuits going to the screen. there must be a problem with the connection of the one on the far left. i wiggle it and the error bar on the left changes. it doesn't turn red now, but it still stays teal, which is far less distracting.

looks like i should start looking for a new monitor. too bad. i like this one.
                    If you are going to get rid of it.
                    You might want to at least try this fix, or a modified version of it.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purk_SyiT44

Comment

Well, that is a pretty good video, thanks for pointing it out. Always good to have an idea of something more to try.

And thanks for the pointers. They did give me ideas and the encouragement to keep looking for the problem.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X