Sharp LC-60EQ10U No display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60EQ10U No display

Newbie here. My Sharp LC-60EQ10U recently went through a power surge here at the house. When it came back on, it had horizontal lines across the screen. I tried changing the inputs to make sure that it wasn't the source, and the lines persisted. As a last ditch effort, I went in to the Menu and tried a Factory Reset. The TV powered off for the reset, and now it won't power on. I've tried a combination of buttons upon power up, and the only thing that I get is a flashing light 3-1 sometimes.

Where should I start to fix this thing? I know that the 3-1 code is a power board issue. But is there something else that would've caused the horizontal lines?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Sharp LC-60EQ10U No display

If you put "60EQ10U" in the search box above it comes up with several threads regarding 3-1 blink sequence. Worth reading through.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      If you put "60EQ10U" in the search box above it comes up with several threads regarding 3-1 blink sequence. Worth reading through.
      Thanks for the help. I've searched and found that most people just replaced the power board. I did not find as to how they determined that the board itself was bad. Are there steps to troubleshoot the different boards? Or a service manual somewhere? I've found links to the service manual, but the links were dead.

Comment

If you post clear, close-up and focused pics of the front and back of the PSU we might be able to assist you in performing a Self-Test on your PSU. We would need to see particularly also the connector from the PSU to the Main Bd.

Comment

You can start by report the Voltagge readings of all the PD connector pins, you MUST out down the pin name and follow by the Voltage reading you get for each pin.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...arp+LC-60EQ10U
          BTW, we also need good clear straight shot pictures of the whole top and bottom side of YOUR power supply board + pictures of the whole backside of YOUR TV showing all the boards.
          Last edited by budm; 06-20-2018, 09:42 AM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
            If you post clear, close-up and focused pics of the front and back of the PSU we might be able to assist you in performing a Self-Test on your PSU. We would need to see particularly also the connector from the PSU to the Main Bd.
            Got the back off, here's the pics you requested.

Pic 1: Back of TV
            Pic 2: Front of PSU
            Pic 3: Board #2
            Pic 4: Main Input Board
            Pic 5: Back of PSU

Thanks again.
            Attached Files

Comment

One powerboard there for 65 bucks: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RUNTKB109WJ...cAAOSwFUlbJXac

Comment

Little clearer pic. of ps. http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-runtk...-led-board.htm

Comment

disconnect the tcon to panel cables and see if it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                    disconnect the tcon to panel cables and see if it comes up.
                    Thanks, budwich. I disconnected all 4 of the tcon cables at the board and powered up. The screen lit up, but no image no matter what I did. Is that a good sign?

Comment

well... that tells you it not a backlight issue.... :-) Since the set now has some "response", you can try similar "cable disconnect tests" with a combination of cabling. Basically, reconnect all of those tcon cables, then only try disconnect one at a time (in various combinations... farthest right, next over, etc). What happens with each test.
                      NOTE: your "early observation" about horizontal lines is not good, depending on what you actual saw / mean... in most cases, that is a panel problem... BUT is might be "savable".

Comment

I went through all 4 tcon cables, unplugging/plugging in different combinations. I can get white on half the panel and the same type of horizontal lines, too. The first three tcon cables produce different results, but once the 4th (far right) one gets plugged in, nothing works. Every time I plug in the far right one, there's no response.

Comment

So. your PSU seems to be OK. No need to do self-test. However, it would appear as though there is a short on the Panel Bd. where you have the connection but lost response.

Comment

Originally posted by showngo2000 View Post
                            I went through all 4 tcon cables, unplugging/plugging in different combinations. I can get white on half the panel and the same type of horizontal lines, too. The first three tcon cables produce different results, but once the 4th (far right) one gets plugged in, nothing works. Every time I plug in the far right one, there's no response.
                            you need to input a signal with a "reasonable picture / test pattern" and take a picture of the "three cables less one". The result will tell the forum more as to what's up... but the "panel" is a likely culprit but it depends on what "horizontal lines" mean.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                              you need to input a signal with a "reasonable picture / test pattern" and take a picture of the "three cables less one". The result will tell the forum more as to what's up... but the "panel" is a likely culprit but it depends on what "horizontal lines" mean.
                              Ok, I did this with these results. I went through the tcon cables one at a time. The pictures below are what I got. I started with everything unplugged, then slowly added each cable one at a time. I was able to get a picture on the right side of the tv, and either plain white or vertical lines on the left depending on which tcon cables were plugged in. The last picture is a completely dark screen with all 4 tcon cables plugged in. I get some sort of response with 3 of the 4 cables plugged in.

(Sorry for the upside down pics)

I'm assuming that maybe the tcon board is done? Either that or the left side of the screen is dead. ???
                              Attached Files

Comment

:-( hmmm... are those the same horizontal lines that you saw in the "first post"?

If so (ie. they have changed), its not a good sign. It likely means you have a "panel failure". BUT.... it can likely be saved by removing the side tabs on the side that has the lines. If you read / search thru the forum, you will find lots of posts of people with similar problems and were able to successfully save the set with this "technique". Anyways, do the reading as the "save" is not reversible as once the tabs are removed, they can never be put back.

Comment

Those are actually different lines than the first ones I saw. The first ones were over the picture on the screen, not the only thing on the screen.

So what does removing the tabs actually do?

Comment

I've probably read through 25 pages of posts, and finally figured out what to do...so I took the plunge. The left side (facing the screen) was the side that messed up, so I took off the bezel and ripped off all 5 tabs on that side. I noticed that the one on the bottom was burned. Plugged the Tcon cables back in and everything came up!

Thanks everyone for your help! This is awesome!

Comment

Good result. Another saved from the landfill.
                                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by showngo2000 View Post
                                        I've probably read through 25 pages of posts, and finally figured out what to do...so I took the plunge. The left side (facing the screen) was the side that messed up, so I took off the bezel and ripped off all 5 tabs on that side. I noticed that the one on the bottom was burned. Plugged the Tcon cables back in and everything came up!

Thanks everyone for your help! This is awesome!
                                        Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy your TV again. Regards.

Comment

Working...
                                        X