Is there nothing safe from bad caps???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there nothing safe from bad caps???

This one is a 12V car transformer for a Philips CD player. It stopped working one day, LED no longer lit, no voltage.

The only large cap in there is WISDOM 1000u 10V 85C, which was connected in parallel to the 5V output. Once I took it out the LED lit again and I registered 5V on the output side.

I don't have specialized equipment to test it, but doing a simple test: Apply 5V, then use multimeter to measure drain time... well once I took it off the power I never measured anything close to 5 volts.

Re: Is there nothing safe from bad caps???

Wisdom caps, eh? Never heard about it. CD player now works? Have you replaced the caps with something good? Like Panny FM, Samxon GD/GC or Ruby MBZ/MCZ?
    "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
    "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Re: Is there nothing safe from bad caps???

I gotta say. My pioneers i have had in my car used nothing but Elna through out the whole device. Never had a cap problem with them (even when the cd's came out of the drive so hot I could barely touch them.

Comment

Working...
      X