Jamo sub 300 subwoofer distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamo sub 300 subwoofer distortion

I got recently jamo subwoofer model is sub 300.the problem was no power.when i checked smps i found that two mosfet shorted at primery side.after i replaced power is ok now but when i am testing with audio signal i and geting distortion bass is ok but distortion at high freequency of music..i checked the speaker with other amplifier speaker is fine..so i suspect issue in pre amp stage or high freequency cut off stage..

Re: Jamo sub 300 subwoofer distortion

Hi any one have schematic for this subwoofer

Comment

There might be some useful ideas here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...-board-repair/

And on a personal note, i bought a dead Jamo Sub 200 for really cheap a few years ago, and the problem turned out to be that the volume and low-pass adjust pots had crapped out. That might be worth looking into, as well.
      Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

[QUOTE=Khron;776365]There might be some useful ideas here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...-board-repair/

And on a personal note, i bought a dead Jamo Sub 200 for really cheap a few years ago, and the problem turned out to be that the volume and low-pass adjust pots had crapped out. That might be worth looking into, as well.[/QUOTE

volume and lpf adjust pots are working well... what i understand that on high frequency content not attenuating properly, distortion from high frequency signal.. even i cannot hear any vocal male voices through sub.

Comment

I have no idea if the line-level circuitry is the same between the 200 and the 300, but when i was working on mine, i "decoded" the whole board - see attachment.
          Attached Files
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by Khron View Post
            I have no idea if the line-level circuitry is the same between the 200 and the 300, but when i was working on mine, i "decoded" the whole board - see attachment.
            Hi mate.
            Would you have schematic for Jamo sub 200, or is it the same as 300?
            Regards

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by dobrykamil View Post
              Hi mate.
              Would you have schematic for Jamo sub 200, or is it the same as 300?
              Regards

There might be some useful ideas here:
              And on a personal note, i bought a dead Jamo Sub 200 for really cheap a few years ago, and the problem turned out to be that the volume and low-pass adjust pots had crapped out. That might be worth looking into, as well.

Comment

Hmmm...
                Sorry, my bad. Thanks

Comment

It helps to read through the whole thread, especially since there were only a handful of 2-3-sentence posts...

Comment

Working...
                  X