Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for a burnt VGA rx570 schematic

Hello,
    I`m looking for a schematics for video card MSI Radeon RX 570 ARMOR 4G OC. https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Ra...MOR-4G-OC.html
    Motherboard Model
    JH M3 94v-0
    1720 e230435
    I-1 E305N6596BB

MICRO-STAR
    Model MS-V341

Bios chip:
    WINBOND
    25X40CLN1G
    The video card is relatively new, but it burns out as a result of burning a monitor that has been plugged into the HDMI port on the cards. The other video cards that were on the computer, as well as the Motherboard of the PC, are unaffected by the shock. Burning runs and components on the Motherboard of the video card are immediately after the HDMI port. There are melted runs and detached SMD components.
    The video card fans do not rotate and are not recognized by the computer.
    I was trying to read the bios chip through a USB programmer and I read it and rewrite the original bios without any problem. But the card is still dead.

The electric shock happened in the following way:
    The computer with its video cards has worked and the monitor has been disconnected from the power wall socket and connected from DVI port with adapter DVI-HDMI to the HDMI port of the card with HDMI cable, where it last worked. And burning occurs when the monitor's 220 V cable is plugged into the power supply wall socket. The monitor gives a short, and via the HDMI cable burns the card.

I think the electric shock has only hit the input of the card at the HDMI input circuit and probably the other will be strong, because there is no damage to the computer when it's burned. The video incoming circuit has burned and interrupted the start signal of the video card. And as an option, to turn off the HDMI port and work only with Display Port or DVI. Or even without them and just mining.

On the pictures the DVI plug is removed to see the damage.
    I can not find this schematic and I will be glad if anyone can tell me if it possible this card to work without the burnt HDMI port…
    Thanks in advice!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-27-2023, 11:46 AM. Reason: Added external images to badcaps

Re: Help for a burnt VGA rx570

Hello, the hdmi port is directly connected to the chip, probably the chip was killed

Comment

Re: Help for a burnt VGA rx570

Originally posted by dancurious View Post
      Hello, the hdmi port is directly connected to the chip, probably the chip was killed
      It's been 5 years, most likely he bought a new video card.

Comment

Working...
      X