Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

I personally use a samsung 42" plasma I fixed myself circa 2010. Screen is little scratched from the way they just threw in the garage stacked with other dead tvs. Been thinking about using a car buffer and some headlight polisher to fix it..LOL!

But otherwise...perfectly fine. Cost me 30 bucks for a untested y main on ebay and works perfectly. Surprisingly these is rust on some of the boards like the main and input buttons from being in the garage, but works flawlessly. Ever once in a while when its cold I get static, like pixels froma cold start. Perhaps bad solder joints?

I have it hooked to a pc running 1280x720 res via hdmi....pretty close 720p. I use it as 42" media center tv and office monitor lol. In fact typing this message on it now..LOL!

I agree....they all are junk now.

I dont do a lot of repairs, mostly piece out in my ebay store.

But I have seen quite a few led tvs with shit panels. You don't want to know how many tvs that are 1 year old come here. I mean 500 usd tvs with cracked screens. I sell the led strips on ebay. They dont sell often, but here and there.

And these tvs will literally have dead leds on the strips. Which boggles my mind as how are the leds staying lit with dead leds on the strips...only being 6 months to 1 year old?

Last tv I took apart (no picture) was 6 months old...broken screen. Think the dude was pissed he not getting laid and drop kicked it like a football.....

But every strip in the tv had one-two dead leds per strip!

These are them..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/55LF6100-LG-...item464ff1baae

Take a peak dec 2015 manufacter and still lights up with dead leds per strip!!

Comment

today I seriously thought about buying that tv, but a bit older model than that one, 43lf5400 exactly, but now I realize its a big mistake.

2 years ago I brought a LG smart tv and it had dead leds already, but not only that, its main board doesnt work anymore, and the power supply failed too, replace both components cost half price of a new TV. I took a look to amazon ratings about my broken tv and it have 15% of 1 star rating, most of the lowest rating comments says their tv didnt last more than 2 years like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...owViewpoints=0

LG smart tv components are very cheap and have a very bad quality, so I thought maybe non-smart tv like the 43lf5400 I thought about buying would have a better build, but it have the same cheap components (motherboard and power supply)

Sorry to go a bit off topic but which TV should I buy? Im literally hopeless about buying a nice tv

Comment

i would buy a cheap chinese brand.

because they are gonna break either way these days.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          i would buy a cheap chinese brand.

because they are gonna break either way these days.
          thanks for your comment, I understand, its better to buy cheap and smaller tv because its like ozzy214 well said from his repair experience....they all are junk now and that only benefits to the manufacturers

Comment

Sony is probably the only not completely shit brand out there, but they're only slightly above the bunch!
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Sony is probably the only not completely shit brand out there, but they're only slightly above the bunch!
              +1 Samsung maybe little better than Lg and the reset the real Pannys actually seem to be failing alot.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Samsung - you mean the company that had reliability issues with the panels?

Comment

Originally posted by leamizda View Post
                  today I seriously thought about buying that tv, but a bit older model than that one, 43lf5400 exactly, but now I realize its a big mistake.

2 years ago I brought a LG smart tv and it had dead leds already, but not only that, its main board doesnt work anymore, and the power supply failed too, replace both components cost half price of a new TV. I took a look to amazon ratings about my broken tv and it have 15% of 1 star rating, most of the lowest rating comments says their tv didnt last more than 2 years like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...owViewpoints=0

LG smart tv components are very cheap and have a very bad quality, so I thought maybe non-smart tv like the 43lf5400 I thought about buying would have a better build, but it have the same cheap components (motherboard and power supply)

Sorry to go a bit off topic but which TV should I buy? Im literally hopeless about buying a nice tv
                  Ewww! Looks like a bottom-of-the-barrel model, anyways...
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Thanks Tom! I'm searching for Sony models now, even if Sony tv are only slightly above, its enough for me to decide since this time I am looking for better quality in electronics.

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                    +1 Samsung maybe little better than Lg and the reset the real Pannys actually seem to be failing alot.
                    I understand, that have sense, even if some users, including stj give warnings about samsung tv panels can fail, its still a better choice than LG, my broken tv didnt even last 2 years and when it worked it had dead leds already, since then I have been researching and I found a surprising amount of lg tv owners that reports their tv didnt last.

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                    Ewww! Looks like a bottom-of-the-barrel model, anyways...
                    Yes, anyways I will never choose LG again. Right now Im looking for Sony models, Im looking for Panasonic pre-VESTEL models but most are used, I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to buy one used since those panasonic plasma tv are better than the ones that are producing today.

Comment

i know this is a old post, but i was given the same LG that's in the pictures above..43LF5400. It is completely dead..The power button is not responding..can that be the power supply board? Or should I not bother trying to fix this set

thanks

Comment

start a new thread with the model in the title or it may get missed.
                        anything is worth trying to fix if it's not costing you much.

Comment

About the topic ,even in the CRT era, Panasonic used to sell some flat screen CRT tvs , including Quintrix series, with Daewoo boards and tubes made by Thomson and others. Of course there were also genuine Panasonics. They all looked the same but had different model numbers. Even Samsung modern tvs have boards made by others, it's even printed on the boards the makers names. JVC, Toshiba, Sharp and besically all japanese big brands sell Vestels.
                          One day all big brands will close all their factories and outsource all their products from Turkey and China. We want cheap and good quality. But unfortunately, cheap is rubbish.

Comment

Turkey hardly makes squat! How can they take over ROC and ROK? The way things look, a fat chance!

In fact, Turkey's much more likely to get embargoed then anything else!
                            Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-15-2017, 07:39 PM.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

My repaired £30 Kuro 50LX5090 is going nowhere anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                start a new thread with the model in the title or it may get missed.
                                anything is worth trying to fix if it's not costing you much.
                                Not anything! specially not that tv, there are a lot of complains about that model because so many people had that tv and it didn't lasted even 2 years, since that problem i had with LG I brought a Sony XBR49 4k tv, I'm satisfied with the product

Comment

Working...
                                X