SL-75FRN2-L mem errors after recapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SL-75FRN2-L mem errors after recapping

Generic ram will almost always bite you in the butt.. don't buy value ram seconds, that stuff is meant for the shredder...the bean counters will not let them shred it though.

It's not crap, it's manure, we can sell it as fertilizer --> same line of thinking...
    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Re: SL-75FRN2-L mem errors after recapping

Maybe it's not your caps but your RAM because a huge percentage of RAM I've bought in the past few years, maybe 30%, failed diagnostics when run at the BIOS default settings, including the Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 I bought last week (I had to exchange it twice). Reportedly some mobo chipsets, including the nForce series, are more particular than others, and a lot more PC3200 RAM has failed with my nForce3 mobo than with my VIA VT400A mobo.

I test by running both MemTest86 and Gold Memory overnight because I had two modules pass one diagnostic but not the other, and a third module took 4-5 hours before an error was detected (not a glitch -- the error came back every 4-5 hours).

Comment

Working...
      X