• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GL502VM Rev. 2.1 Keyboard Problem [SOLVED]

Wow, Good job

Comment

Re: GL502VM Rev. 2.1 Keyboard Problem

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Thats a great fix. Can you post the IT8995 and other dumps into the your bios request post . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79528
      Sure! I'll post them there too!

Comment

Originally posted by lazaro.089 View Post
        SOLUTION

I finally found a solution for the keyboard problem.

I found the Asus Keyboard Adjustment tool, extracted the .exe file and inside the ./.rsrc/1028/BINARY directory are located 4 56k sized FW_NK000XXXXX files.

These are different keyboard firmwares that can be flashed to IT8171fn-56.

For the GL502VMK board I used FW_NK0003000B and flashed it with Vertyanov.

I'll post these files as attachments for anyone that has the same problem.

PS. Can a mod mark this post as solved? I couldn't find the solved option.
        You mentioned you can flash the keyboard firmware for this fix. Is there a process you can point me to that has a guide to making that firmware swap?

Comment

Please note that on Asus boards the designations printed on the board silkscreen itself (eg. X01AB Rev 2.0) often mean nothing. The exact model of the board is on the yellow sticker on the RAM slot or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by cilversoul View Post
            You mentioned you can flash the keyboard firmware for this fix. Is there a process you can point me to that has a guide to making that firmware swap?
            Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could explain about the procedure of keyboard's firmware reprogramming on these Asus gaming laptops. I'd appropriate any help.

Comment

I have asus gl702vm. The problem is with the keyboard. The power button works but every other key doesn't.

I have 2 question?
              1- we know it8171fn-56 is dead. we bought it. if we change it 8171fn-56 , it need program???

2 - if it need program. for programing need special machanism???

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                Thanks
                hi guys!

I have the same problem and also a Vertyanov programmer. I can read/write the ITE chip from the keyboard connector and its a 128kb file. How can I target the 56 chip responsible for the keyboard? I do not understand how to programm that one.

@jasko_jacker

Comment

Originally posted by pctec View Post
                  Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could explain about the procedure of keyboard's firmware reprogramming on these Asus gaming laptops. I'd appropriate any help.
                  I have asus gl702vm. The problem is with the keyboard. The power button works but every other key doesn't.

I have 2 question?
                  1- we know it8171fn-56 is dead. we bought it. if we change it 8171fn-56 , it need program???

Comment

Originally posted by naser6979 View Post

I have 2 question?

see here - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...nt-Tool/page12
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Sorry for reviving the thread but i have a wierd 1.

My keyboard is same like other ones - only power works.

But its not detected in system (usb descriptor failed thingy)
                      So i cannot flash ec portion of keyboard using KAT from ASUS.

Any ideas?

GL502 VM rev 2.0 (6th gen)
                      Last edited by reassor; 03-21-2023, 04:43 AM. Reason: Adding MODEL : GL502VM

Comment

When I flashed bios from here and booted w/o battery while mashing f2 keyboard works in bios. But you just restart and it's dead.

If you reset bios you can catch it by hitting f2. But if you leave it (w/o) hdd so it goes to bios by it self kB will not work =(

I'm at loss here. Do not have EC programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          Thats a great fix. Can you post the IT8995 and other dumps into the your bios request post . https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79528
                          I have the same problem, after updating the ROG Strix G513IM keyboard firmware, the keyboard stopped working, only the on/off key works.

You have the keyboard firmware for the ROG Strix G513IM or can you tell me how I could get it?

Comment

Working...
                          X