Sharp lc-49cfg6001k fault diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp lc-49cfg6001k fault diagnosis

Hi.... I am attempting to find which board or if panel may be at fault.
    Symptoms.. plug in tv, solid red standby light, press on, standby light changes to blue and sharp logo appears on screen. After around 20 seconds screen goes blank, power light goes to red and sharp logo comes on again but power light doesn't turn to blue, stays red with no flashing. This cycle keeps repeating.
    I have checked the voltages printed on the power board against the output voltages from the power board to the main board 12v,12v,5v,5v 5vsb, PS(4.5v),5v,5v. The PS voltage is 0v untill I press the on button. The led lights come on when tv is cycling. I have disconnected the LDVS cable from the TCON board and the tv keeps cycling/restarting. The
    TCON board is receiving 12v from the main board. I disconnected 1 of the ribbon cables from the TCON board to the panel and half the screen went bright white, the same happened with the other ribbon cable from the board. As you have probably guessed, it's my first attempt at LCD fault finding so any help pointers would be greatly appreciated. There are no firmware updates on sharp website for this model. It's only 13 months old, got it last Christmas, I can get replacement boards off eBay quite cheap if it's not the panel.
    Regards and thanks in advance for any info... after two days researching I think it may be eeprom problem requiring replacement main board but tbh it's just a guess...

Re: Sharp lc-49cfg6001k fault diagnosis

Originally posted by Madferritt View Post
    Hi.... I am attempting to find which board or if panel may be at fault.
    Symptoms.. plug in tv, solid red standby light, press on, standby light changes to blue and sharp logo appears on screen. After around 20 seconds screen goes blank, power light goes to red and sharp logo comes on again but power light doesn't turn to blue, stays red with no flashing. This cycle keeps repeating.
    I have checked the voltages printed on the power board against the output voltages from the power board to the main board 12v,12v,5v,5v 5vsb, PS(4.5v),5v,5v. The PS voltage is 0v untill I press the on button. The led lights come on when tv is cycling. I have disconnected the LDVS cable from the TCON board and the tv keeps cycling/restarting. The
    TCON board is receiving 12v from the main board. I disconnected 1 of the ribbon cables from the TCON board to the panel and half the screen went bright white, the same happened with the other ribbon cable from the board. As you have probably guessed, it's my first attempt at LCD fault finding so any help pointers would be greatly appreciated. There are no firmware updates on sharp website for this model. It's only 13 months old, got it last Christmas, I can get replacement boards off eBay quite cheap if it's not the panel.
    Regards and thanks in advance for any info... after two days researching I think it may be eeprom problem requiring replacement main board but tbh it's just a guess...
    install firmware you just need to find it
    I suspect a firmware issue dont go looking elsewhere

Comment

Ok... i shall research firmware/installation. cheers

Comment

after searching on line and ploughing through the forums for several hours i cannot find any firmware or any other info on this model.i
        if firmware fix is not possible, what can i do next?.... TV does not respond to factory reset.
        Will a used main board from an identical model solve the problem?

Comment

WooHoo!! I emailed sharp and they emailed the firmware to me, stuck it on a usb stick and up and running....

Comment

Is it possible to share the file.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

the file size is 143 MB when compressed to rar using best.i can split it into volumes and upload it unless you can suggest another way, i received the bin file via we transfer

Comment

Hi does anyone have the firmware they could send me for the Sharp lc-49cfg6001k loop problem please....
                Thanks..

Comment

I think if you go to Sharp http://www.sharp.eu/av/?s=software+update and enter your serial number, you can download the firmware.

Comment

any you email me the firmware please if you still have this many thanks
                    stejones22@msn.com

Comment

Originally posted by Madferritt View Post
                      WooHoo!! I emailed sharp and they emailed the firmware to me, stuck it on a usb stick and up and running....
                      Hi do you have the firmware to hand please can you share many thanks

Comment

Did you try this?

R_J: I think if you go to Sharp http://www.sharp.eu/av/?s=software+update and enter your serial number, you can download the firmware.
                        And in case that one failed, this?

Madferritt: WooHoo!! I emailed sharp and they emailed the firmware to me, stuck it on a usb stick and up and running....

Comment

Originally posted by WildPuppy View Post
                          Did you try this?

And in case that one failed, this?
                          yes tried all the links and it cannot find the firmware after i put in the serial code (c49cf6001k)
                          Last edited by stejones; 04-08-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Are you sure that "c49cf6001k" is your serial no? It looks like a model to me, but I didn't have too much contact with Sharp products. Serial no. is printed on a label on the back of your TV and is usually marked "S/N: <some numbers>"

Comment

yes it is mate i now have the firmware and i will be uploading the file

1. Copy file(s) onto an empty USB memory stick
                              2. You may have a ‘.bin’ file and a ‘.txt’ file if so please keep the .txt file as it is and do not rename this.
                              3. Make copies of the software (.bin) (click on the file, press CTRL + C together on the Key board and then click off the file and press CTRL + V together on the keyboard) so that you have 2 .bin files and rename them (right click on mouse, rename) to the following:
                              a. allupgrade_6486_aes.bin
                              b. allupgrade_6486_aes_U.bin
                              4. Ensure the TV is turned off at the mains plug so that there’s no red standby light on TV.
                              5. Insert the USB with the files into the USB slot of the TV.
                              6. Turn power on at the mains plug so that there is now a red standby light.
                              7. The TV’s Red Light should begin to flash Red to Blue or White slowly
                              8. Once the TV software begins to upload either:
                              a. The TV Light will begin to flash rapidly and then once it slows the update is complete, Leave for 2 minutes then turn the TV off at the mains and remove the USB.
                              b. Or a loading bar will appear and once it reaches either:
                              i. 90 - 100% the TV will turn into standby. Turn the TV off at the mains and remove the USB.
                              ii. 100% Turn the TV off at the mains and remove the USB.
                              9. Return power to the TV and turn on as normal

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing.
                              Last edited by stejones; 04-09-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

"yes it is mate i now have the firmware and i will be uploading the file"

Did you upload the file?

Comment

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/fa2...ecipient_email

this is for the serial (c49cf6001k) may work others
                                  Last edited by stejones; 04-09-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

i have put a link to it

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

your welcome

Comment

Working...
                                        X