Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung 930b LCD cold start problem (inverter?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tech details on green fuse?

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Can we clear and focused picture of YOUR boards? Referencing other people's pictures doesn't help us diagnose YOUR problem. Your board could have unique characteristics not shown in someone else's photo like a charred resistor or suspicious looking transistor.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to make changes on their boards. Also try to get the resolution as close to 2000x2000 as possible.
    Sure.. I'll get a snapshot asap. I have a great camera so I'll post a nice big highly detailed pic. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Re: Samsung 930b LCD cold start problem (inverter?)

Originally posted by Logicsays View Post
      The image is viewable with a flash light.. so something is working..
      Some inverter board sections have a fuse and it could be open. Or it could be a shorted mosfet or transistor in the inverter section. These components could be on the backside as well and you will need a multimeter to test them.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Logicsays View Post
        I replaced the three bulged caps.. no change.
        BTW, most members here including PlainBill would suggest changing all the capacitors except the largest one which rarely, but not never, fails.

Capacitors die from age, heat, and shoddy build quality. Capacitors DO NOT have to be visibly bloated in order to bad. They can be out of tolerance uF (a 1000uF measures 20uF) and/or have high ESR (ohm). A multimeter will be insufficient to test for ESR. For that you need an ESR tester which costs between $50 and $300.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Can we get clear and focused picture of YOUR boards? Referencing other people's pictures doesn't help us diagnose YOUR problem. Your board could have unique characteristics not shown in someone else's photo like a charred resistor or suspicious looking transistor.

It is not uncommon for manufacturers to make changes on their boards. Also try to get the resolution as close to 2000x2000 as possible.
          Just another sugestion.Samsung boards are very good about identifying voltages on the connector from the power supply to the logic board.
          It would be a good idea to verify these, including the backlight on signal.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Can we get clear and focused picture of YOUR boards? Referencing other people's pictures doesn't help us diagnose YOUR problem. Your board could have unique characteristics not shown in someone else's photo like a charred resistor or suspicious looking transistor.

And why only the bulged caps? Caps can go bad even when not bulged (low capacitance or high ESR...).
            Replace them all as a rule and you'll save time .....
            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
            • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
            • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
            • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
            • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050
              2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Well, I'm no expert on electronics. I learn quickly but I was following this thread from the start and i replaced the caps. Others mentioned the fuse being problematic so I was looking for it to test it.

I did the whole power on and check with a flash light. I see the image so something is working right. I still will take some pics if I ever get some time.. been really busy fixing computers.

I think I found the fuse under a glob of rubber stuff. I'm going to check it out and see if its tests good. A friend of mine repairs defective Toyota ECM's so I might have an in on some help.. lol

Comment

Hi to all!
                I have Samsung 930BF and have problem with backlight. I replaced all caps and picofuse but still no backlight. Any idea where else to look?
                Here are pictures of my board.
                Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

More detail on 'problem with Backlight', would certainly help,to allow members to maybe help you,eg None work,they work sporadically, they go on and go off BUT Power light stays on etc etc etc.

Comment

Hi!
                    Problem is that backlights arent working at all.Power light is on. I replaced 3 bad CapXon 820uF 25v caps with 1000uF 35v and others 2x100uF16v,1x330uF 16v, 1x10uF 63v, 1x47uF 63v. I replaced them with new "JAMICON" caps. Replaced picofuse with litle wire.You can see picture but still no backlight. Where else to look?
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rico_st View Post
                      Hi!
                      Problem is that backlights arent working at all.Power light is on. I replaced 3 bad CapXon 820uF 25v caps with 1000uF 35v and others 2x100uF16v,1x330uF 16v, 1x10uF 63v, 1x47uF 63v. I replaced them with new "JAMICON" caps. Replaced picofuse with litle wire.You can see picture but still no backlight. Where else to look?
                      Thanks!
                      Measure the ON/OFF and A-DIM pins on the connector. ON/OFF should be about 3.3 volts, A-Dim will probably be lower, around one volt. If these are correct, trace the signals from the connector to the inverter controller. Check for proper voltages at the inverter.

Tip: You gave us good pictures of the top of the board. An equally good picture of the bottom would help us help you.

Tip 2: A fuse is placed in a circuit to protect components in case of an overload. Substituting a wire for a blown fuse without verifying the cause of the blown fuse has been eliminated often leads to more expensive and expensive repairs.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                        Measure the ON/OFF and A-DIM pins on the connector. ON/OFF should be about 3.3 volts, A-Dim will probably be lower, around one volt. If these are correct, trace the signals from the connector to the inverter controller. Check for proper voltages at the inverter.
                        PlainBill
                        Hi!
                        My knowledge about electronic isn't too good but i measured it on the back of the board. On/OFF 0v, A-dim 0v, 5v and 13 are ok.
                        (i measured it without connected videoboard?)
                        Here are pics of the back.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by rico_st; 06-09-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

The A-Dim and On/Off are supplied by the video board,so you need to,have it connected to the PSU/Inverter,and then you need to arrange the Monitor to be switched on,with the VGA lead connected and your PC switched On.There are other ways but this is maybe the best way for you.When your Front panel lamp shows the PC signal has been recognised, then you should be able to measure the A-Dim and On/Off voltages.

Comment

Ok!
                            I conected videoboard and power board (without lamps and panel) video cable to pc and turn on pc and monitor and measured On/Off 2.37v, A-Dim 0.01v.
                            Is that ok?
                            Last edited by rico_st; 06-10-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rico_st View Post
                              Ok!
                              I conected videoboard and power board (without lamps and panel) video cable to pc and turn on pc and monitor and measured On/Off 2.37v, A-Dim 0.01v.
                              Is that ok?
                              No problem, the Dim voltage varies depending on where the OSD level is set, BUT the on/off voltage should have turned the Lamps on, so plug them in....

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                                No problem, the Dim voltage varies depending on where the OSD level is set, BUT the on/off voltage should have turned the Lamps on, so plug them in....
                                Nothing
                                Still no backlight. Lamps are gone?

Comment

Maybe, but measure the resistance of the secondaries of both of the Inverter transformers, they should be very very similar measurements.

Comment

Thanks for yor effort helping me.
                                    I measured resistance in transformers secondaries (onboard) and they are similar. 1.32 and 1.35. They are ok? What else to check?

Comment

Well, looks like Last Chance Saloon,before the Backlights become the Main suspects,so I would resolder the Inverter transformers,and all other joints between the secondary and the Lamp sockets,eg the small Blue Caps etc etc.

Comment

No luck
                                        I will risk 20$ and buy new(used) power board on ebay.
                                        Thanks!

Comment

Waste of money if its the Backlights !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X