Chaintech 7AIA0/100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaintech 7AIA0/100

Some blurry images (I'm a lousy photographer ) of the board I recapped a few days ago.

D.S. caps, almost all bulging:

Recapped and everything OK.
    More Chaintech coming
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 05-27-2005, 01:28 PM.

in need of BIOS?

HeLLo
    by surfing I found your topic about this Chaintech MB 7AIA0... I got from my friend this mainboard but it has some problems with bios I guess... I found some article that it has problem with copying and really It doesn't want to let me install WinXP succesfully..
    If you want to help me please send me a link to newer bios version and maybe some drivers... as Chaintech support didn't respopnsed me for about a three months ...
    If you want to help me or does not please write me to revtfos@yahoo.co.uk
    as i can't send U a MSG I replyed on your post...
    thnx in advance
    Oliver

Comment

it has problem with copying and really It doesn't want to let me install WinXP succesfully
      check your caps. dont flash the bios if the board is having data corruption issues.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I think that the problem is in the BIOS because I found out that some people also had this problem...
        I wasn't sure about correct motherboard model... but now I am...
        thnx to sulbert for replying
        and ofcourse greetengs to moderator

bye

Comment

Re: Chaintech 7AIA0/100

My 7AIA0 mobo is five years old. A month ago, it began to stop during boot-up every time the automatic memory check was completed. After about a half-dozen resets, it would complete the boot-up process.

I've replaced the HDD, upgraded BIOS, and reseated everything socketed. No joy.

Finally, I noticed that the fan in the Vanta TNT card was spinning intermittantly. I replaced the fan. Now the 7AIA0 boots up every time.

The Vanta TNT card seems to halt boot-up if its fan is not spinning at the correct rate. Unplugging this fan causes the fault to return. Plugging it back in allows boot-up.

Someday, I'll get around to changing those caps...

Laoch

Comment

Working...
          X