SolTek SL-75FRN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SolTek SL-75FRN2

i received this photo from Mark Jones of MASM forum who has visible fails on the GSC capacitors of his board. I hope Soltek give him some free caps also. It is interesting to see that Soltek used sanyo in place of panasonic in identical positions to previous posts.

here is the thread
    http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=1939

we wish you success with the recapping Mark. Any questions, please let us know. We welcome MASM members to our forum for discussion on badcaps.

Thanks to MD_Willington for confirming Soltek provision of high quality replacements.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 06-15-2005, 01:18 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: SolTek SL-75FRN2

Yuck!!! GSC caps just like with the Epox 8RDA motherboards!!!

BTW, the same motherboard I was talking about last July with Wendel caps still don't have any bulging and is still stable!!!! It passed a 12 hour run of Prime95.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 07-26-2005, 09:58 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Ok I tested the RAM with another PC, no errors. I also tested the Soltek board with another PSU (brand new) and I got even more errors!!! Right now I'm changing two of the 1500uF which are in upper left of the socket. There are two more 1500uF by the left side of the socket, but I dont have any more parts. The cheapstakes at Soltek only include one 1500uF cap in their repair kit while the board has 4 of those. I'll test the board again tonite.

Comment

You could probably use a 1800 or 2200 in place of the 1500...

I recapped an ECS board with 3300's that used 2200's...works just fine.

Usually if you google Jessica@Soltek you will be able to find her correct email address, if that does not work, I'm sure Topcat can help you out.

MD
        Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

I just realized that my vga card was missing a small cap (5.5uF). I replaced it at work, lets hopes this is it. I also realized that the 1500uF caps on the soltek board were made by Sanyo, but I went ahead and replaced them anyways. Those caps were not domed but they had some kind of residual corrosion on top, like some white stuff.

Comment

Well I replaced all the capacitors and added the missing cap on my VGA card, the result??? 96 errors at Test 8 [Modulo 20, ones&zeros] in MemTest86. I'll test the vga card tomorrow in another PC. I hope, really hope its not the CPU or the VGA card.

Comment

Working...
            X