HP Officejet 6500A Plus Error 0xc19a0022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Officejet 6500A Plus Error 0xc19a0022

Got this printer for free from work. We replaced it with a $1500 Lexmark laser MFP so I got to take this turd home.

Problem is when you turn it on it boots up then displays "Ink System has failed. Unable to copy, receive fax, or print. Refer to printer documentation. Error: 0xc19a0022. Turn power off then on again."

Obviously turning it on and off again doesn't fix it. I did a quick Google and tried cleaning the printhead with paper towels and glass cleaner. No improvement at all. The ink cartridges are expired as we haven't used it in like forever (since it no worky)... But the problem persisted BEFORE the ink expired.

I've gone ahead and ordered a $9 printhead and $9 set of generic ink cartridges off eBay. But, will that even fix it? Did I waste $20? lol. I was this printer to work because I have a Brother black and white laser printer I love but it would be handy to have a copier and be able to print in color as well.

Re: HP Officejet 6500A Plus Error 0xc19a0022

Update: Printhead was the problem. Two "new" eBay printheads didn't work. Found a used/broken Officejet 6500 on FB marketplace and that old/original printhead works except if I leave it sitting for a few days without using it the black doesn't work and I have to remove the printhead and clean it to get black working again.

I hate HP. I hate inkjet printers. My Brother laser works every time I need it whether or not I've used it a lot or let it sit for months. But it's black and white only and just a printer. I like having a scanner. I like having a color printer. I will just print random shit every day to keep it working. Thankfully generic ink off eBay is cheap as heck. As long as I can tolerate the "non genuine ink" warning on the printer.

Comment

Working...
    X