Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER GD245HQ totally dead no power

My symptoms was the same:

If I turned off the monitor, it no longer turned back on anyway I pressed the power button. The LED below it did not light up.
    When I pulled the cables (cord+hdmi)out of the monitor, and leaved there for 2 two days, it returned to normal state, until I tuned off the monitor again...

I replaced the caps. But it didn't help.
    Thanks for this forum I ordered the suggested chips from
    https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001229006335.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.271f1fcdBjiJQ6&algo_pvid=a3ede4df-d7d6-4955-bd17-f2c0f7b66841&algo_expid=a3ede4df-d7d6-4955-bd17-f2c0f7b66841-1&btsid=2100bdcf16105485462928097e549a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And I replaced the 2 suggested regulator chips. And the problem has been solved! Thank you lotas and willthrom!

I leave some warning here:
    A very hard solder material was used + conducting bands are very tiny under the pins of the chip, and it easy to tear them.
    I used hot gun to remove the regulator chip. And I used bit more force to tighten the chip at the first chip swap. Resulting I have to rewire the connections under microscope. But I solved!

Comment

It finally arrived, the chips.. but I have several issue desoldering the old ones
      I believe I am not skilled enough. I have one tiny soldering unit (60w) and I haven´t been able to take one pin.... I started with 300º but not even at 400º.. using one of those flat tiny tips.

right now, every time there is a power outrage, the monitor stops workings for a day or two.. after that, plugin the power cord it works again.

Will try again desoldering.. any tip?

Comment

Originally posted by tbognar76 View Post
        My symptoms was the same:

If I turned off the monitor, it no longer turned back on anyway I pressed the power button. The LED below it did not light up.
        When I pulled the cables (cord+hdmi)out of the monitor, and leaved there for 2 two days, it returned to normal state, until I tuned off the monitor again...

I replaced the caps. But it didn't help.
        Thanks for this forum I ordered the suggested chips from
        https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4001229006335.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.271f1fcdBjiJQ6&algo_pvid=a3ede4df-d7d6-4955-bd17-f2c0f7b66841&algo_expid=a3ede4df-d7d6-4955-bd17-f2c0f7b66841-1&btsid=2100bdcf16105485462928097e549a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And I replaced the 2 suggested regulator chips. And the problem has been solved! Thank you lotas and willthrom!

I leave some warning here:
        A very hard solder material was used + conducting bands are very tiny under the pins of the chip, and it easy to tear them.
        I used hot gun to remove the regulator chip. And I used bit more force to tighten the chip at the first chip swap. Resulting I have to rewire the connections under microscope. But I solved!
        oh,, so cool, I don´t have a hot gun and I ended cutting the pins (crazy I know).

but one of the point went off.. So I am quite screw now (not the ability or the microscope to find out where that ping is going... ;(
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by willthrom View Post
          oh,, so cool, I don´t have a hot gun and I ended cutting the pins (crazy I know).

but one of the point went off.. So I am quite screw now (not the ability or the microscope to find out where that ping is going... ;(
          Can someone tell me where the V5 (pin 1) is going? I see my ping 8 is off too but that one is a NC.

All the other pins are fine (reaching the resistor and capacitors .

Any help will be more than welcome..
          Attached Files

Comment

Pin 1 trace was likely connected to that feedthru next to it. Next time either use hot air station or carefully cut the pins off the ic body, then remove each pin separately.
            Last edited by R_J; 03-22-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Pin 1 trace was likely connected to that feedthru next to it. Next time either use hot air station or carefully cut the pins off the ic body, then remove each pin separately.
              thanks for the advices.

yes, the freedthru was there and it worked.

Now the screen turn on (not sure if because I changed one of the chips).. but in my first try, half of the screen the image (Not Connected) is printed wrongly.

Comment

This what I mean with the screen What can be wrong?

Bad soldering for that chips?
                Attached Files

Comment

I know by a fact it isn't the input as without it the floating "Not connected" message is only visible properly on the right side, not the left one, where it is flurry, like interference..

Comment

Image without input..

What I have broken now? Any clue?

Thanks!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I fixed!

It seems my soldering skill are awful now after so many years and some pins where not properly soldered. I used the multimeter and track all the pics with the chips schematic and board schematic and now it is back!. Proper pic.

I have disconnected the cords 20 times and still turning on so I guess the new chips is doing its work... lets see next eletrict sortcut.

thanks guys.

Comment

hello ... what this power board name plz .. i have the same problem and i wan buy new one

Comment

@bob I may be wrong but i think you can not just buy parts like this, your best best is to buy a used or even damaged one.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for sharing their knowledge, thanks to i was able to repair mine. As many of you suggested the I204 and I207 could be the issue, i ordered some online and soldered the new ones in place and that feeling when you press the power button and it lights up is just like nothing else thanks again!!!

For those who want to attempt this and are scared about the desoldering/soldering process, i would suggest the 2 solder irons technique, that's what i used and it worked great, even with a very cheap solder iron: https://youtu.be/LL23ZJahcfY?t=454

I just wanted to share a picture i took from the inside for those wondering where exactly is the power supply and the electronic parts:

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

They are found on the main board.
                            Thanks a lot, ordered on "Ali" the chips, replaced those indicated on the scheme and it works fine now!

Comment

Working...
                            X