Samsung UN32M530DAFXZA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN32M530DAFXZA

Working a Samsung UN32M530DAFXZA no backlight, flashlight test OK - manufacturing date July 2017.

When evaluating the LED strips with the low current tester one strip fluctuates a bit going from about 18.3 volts to 23 volts. I suspect this is the strip causing the shutdown.

After pulling the screen and looking at them, it looks like the part labeled "W1" is the problem. On the good strip it measures a short. On the questionable strip it seems to check like a diode?

The part next to it appears to be a zener diode and there is one for each LED, but only one "W1" that is in series with the + supply line.

Any thoughts on what "W1" might be

PS - the screwless rear cover took what i would consider an extreme force to release the clips on the top - it is different than the sides as the top part of the bezel wraps around at the top of the set.

Thanks for any comments
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN32M530DAFXZA

It looks like an LED. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32602400780.html

Comment

It does look like the bottom of those, but there is no color on the top of this "W1" so I am thinking not an LED. I am more inclined to think a protection device either a fuse or something similar.

I am thinking along the lines of Samsung has had their share of fires so perhaps engineering across the board incorporated some safety features.

It's nice to see the zener diodes there also (i think) so if you lose one LED you don't lose the whole TV.

Comment

It looks just like the clear top of one of those diodes to me not the bottom. It even has a bond wire like your device.

Comment

Yea I see what you mean, I wasn't looking at the link correctly. However, it may look the same but it wouldn't be an LED in series with the other 7 LEDS.

The nomenclature "W1" should mean something to someone, but I have never heard of a "W" as a reference designator for a particular device.

Comment

Working...
          X