Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NS-43DR710CA17 Insignia - Backlight but no image

Hello!

I am attempting to repair an Insignia TV that a friend gave me.
    At first I thought it would be a backlight issue which is quite common apparently on these models but when powered on, the backlight is visible and the screen lights up but no image appears. Also there is a bright spot visible in the bottom left corner (see image attached). I can also hear sound when I press the remote buttons and there is no visible impacts on the screen.

I tried to unplug the controller board and it made no difference so i'm wondering if the issue could comes from the main board or the supply board ?
    What do you guys think ?

Thank you =)
    Attached Files

Re: NS-43DR710CA17 Insignia - Backlight but no image

Backlight but no video first suspect is the tcon though it could also be the panel. Power up the TV with one side of the tcon to panel ribbons connected at a time. If one side shows video, you have a panel fault on the bad side. If no side is good, tcon is still suspect.

Comment

Thank you for your response neilc6.
      After removing the left ribbon from the t-con I have video on the right side !
      So the left one is the culprit and after investigation I think I know why (see image attached).
      One of the ribbons connecting the left board to the screen is perforated in 2 places!

Is this something that could be repaired ? It looks like it's glued to the boards so that might be tricky to remove =/
      Attached Files

Comment

Not repairable or replaceable. The ribbon is TAB bonded to the panel using expensive specialized equipment. The traces do look burnt up so could be a short in the panel.

Comment

Ha that's too bad then !
          Thank you very much for your help neilc6

Comment

You can sell the boards on ebay. Include a pic of the working half screen which shows that all the boards are working.

Comment

Working...
            X