Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
    Hello, you also didn't mention that your original BIOS file is corrupted in the ME region, of course it can't work.

I cleaned the Me region from your original file, try these two files.

Good luck ...
    Thanks a lot

Comment

Hi guys is it possible to flash the eprom from a lenovo T470s using a CH341A?

Comment

Originally posted by blu3drag0n View Post
        Hi guys is it possible to flash the eprom from a lenovo T470s using a CH341A?
        tried to use this tool, but I'm not sure which version I should select

Comment

Comment

Finally tried this on my T440p, and it worked like a charm. Used a SOIC8 clip w/ a Raspberry Pi. Only issue now is to remove the logo the previous owner put at the boot screen, I should be safe to update the BIOS as well right?

Comment

Good day, I kindly ask for help from the Lenovo T495 type 20NK pc forum, I dumped the Bios and through your program I generated the PATCHED bin, mounted the W25Q128FW eprom, I turn it on but I only get a black screen and a series of beeps, reinstalling the original bios leaves quietly. Now reading here on the forum I noticed that many complain about this problem, but it seemed to me that two people talking about the T495 have succeeded. Before making other attempts, I would like to understand if anyone has managed to get the PATCHED BIOS to work. Attached I put my original BIOS and the version produced by Tools. Thanks for any help on this.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I'm really sorry for my stupid questions but i spent like 1 or 2 hours looking for an answer:
                I managed to get a dump of my T570 bios.
                I used autopatcher to get a patched version of it.
                How the f*ck do I get it flashed back to the notebook?

I used Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 to get the backup.
                Which software do you recommend to flash the patched BIOS back to the notebook?
                Thanks for your time - I really appriciate your help!

Comment

Originally posted by yetanothernoob View Post
                  I'm really sorry for my stupid questions but i spent like 1 or 2 hours looking for an answer:
                  I managed to get a dump of my T570 bios.
                  I used autopatcher to get a patched version of it.
                  How the f*ck do I get it flashed back to the notebook?

I used Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 to get the backup.
                  Which software do you recommend to flash the patched BIOS back to the notebook?
                  Thanks for your time - I really appriciate your help!
                  Don't waste any more time, there is no software methods for this job. You'll need a programmer to do it. No other options.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello. Does this method work with 11th generation intel i3?
                    I have a Lenovo V14 g3 IAP. There is a Bios password that I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                      Don't waste any more time, there is no software methods for this job. You'll need a programmer to do it. No other options.
                      thanks man. I thought if I can read it I could also just write it back.
                      Getting an TL866II and solder off the chip is not worth the amount of money/time/risk for my purpose but kind of interesting topic!

Comment

Originally posted by yetanothernoob View Post
                        thanks man. I thought if I can read it I could also just write it back.
                        Getting an TL866II and solder off the chip is not worth the amount of money/time/risk for my purpose but kind of interesting topic!
                        You can buy ch341a for this job, it's dirty cheap - a few bucks.

Comment

thanks, I've ordered it and will give it a try. As I've seen there is a kind of pliers I could connect to the chip without needing it to unsolder it. I'll let you know.
                          Cheers

Comment

what programmer app do you recommend to use with the ch341a?

Comment

Originally posted by blu3drag0n View Post
                              what programmer app do you recommend to use with the ch341a?
                              NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10

Comment

hello, is it possible to remove the bios password from a Lenovo laptop E595 (Type 20NF) Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 20NF

Comment

Hey guys, I need some help, it seems I made a dump of my bios using a W25Q128BV in my CH341A Programmer and I only noticed now that my chip is a W25Q128JVSQ... now I'm stuck in the 2 beeps of death... Is there something that can be done do salvage this?

Can someone please help me to patch this?
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Got my ThinkPad X250 supervisor password cleaned, thanks for the app!

I thought my X250 was bricked when I heard 5 beeps at power up(motherboard failure) after flashing the patched BIOS. But it turned out the beep code was 5 short beep [pause] 5 short beep. Which indicates TPM is refusing to power up the laptop, probably due to tampered BIOS.

I redone the patch from Ubuntu and the checksum result is identical to the one generated from Windows so a falsely patched BIOS is ruled out. I almost lost hope as TPM("Security Chip") cannot be deactivated and it was the discrete TPM1.2 instead of PTT. I also tried ME cleaner(+patch) but to no avail, the laptop power button just flashed once then powered off.

Fortunately physical presence for clearing was enabled and Secure Boot was not enabled. I flashed the original locked BIOS and cleared TPM from powershell with clear-tpm -useppi, in hope that the TPM won't complain about the tampered BIOS again.

I flashed the patched BIOS again, then the laptop booted! I just followed the instructions and everything worked as it should. The program did say "TPM certificated changed." before "Turn it off." message. I used a CH341a with a worned out SOIC clip, I had to hold my fingers on the clip all the time when the programming is in progress. At first I used AsProgrammed but it was a hit or miss in my case, then I used Flashrom GUI and all is well.

Your mileage may vary but that's how it worked for me. Hard labor and time consuming but the result is great, saved me $50+ for BIOS unlock service.

Comment

Originally posted by syavko1 View Post
                                      hello, is it possible to remove the bios password from a lenovo laptop e595 (type 20nf) laptop (thinkpad) - type 20nf
                                      hi ?

Comment

Originally posted by bivikoc825 View Post
                                        Got my ThinkPad X250 supervisor password cleaned, thanks for the app!

I thought my X250 was bricked when I heard 5 beeps at power up(motherboard failure) after flashing the patched BIOS. But it turned out the beep code was 5 short beep [pause] 5 short beep. Which indicates TPM is refusing to power up the laptop, probably due to tampered BIOS.

I redone the patch from Ubuntu and the checksum result is identical to the one generated from Windows so a falsely patched BIOS is ruled out. I almost lost hope as TPM("Security Chip") cannot be deactivated and it was the discrete TPM1.2 instead of PTT. I also tried ME cleaner(+patch) but to no avail, the laptop power button just flashed once then powered off.

Fortunately physical presence for clearing was enabled and Secure Boot was not enabled. I flashed the original locked BIOS and cleared TPM from powershell with clear-tpm -useppi, in hope that the TPM won't complain about the tampered BIOS again.

I flashed the patched BIOS again, then the laptop booted! I just followed the instructions and everything worked as it should. The program did say "TPM certificated changed." before "Turn it off." message. I used a CH341a with a worned out SOIC clip, I had to hold my fingers on the clip all the time when the programming is in progress. At first I used AsProgrammed but it was a hit or miss in my case, then I used Flashrom GUI and all is well.

Your mileage may vary but that's how it worked for me. Hard labor and time consuming but the result is great, saved me $50+ for BIOS unlock service.
                                        I am in the same situation like you up to a point. With patched bios I get Lenovo screen, I press Enter at the ''interrupt start'' message. Then I press F1 to enter setup but I get black screen. I don't have any OS installed on my hard drive, do you have any suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by lleg0 View Post
                                          I am in the same situation like you up to a point. With patched bios I get Lenovo screen, I press Enter at the ''interrupt start'' message. Then I press F1 to enter setup but I get black screen. I don't have any OS installed on my hard drive, do you have any suggestion?
                                          try the prepatched version, follow the instructions carefully https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573
                                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                          X