Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

Another troublesome sony: Just the facts. Tv was on, went off with 4 red blinks, messed around unplugging boards, testing cleaning, 4 red blinks went away, next turn on would get blinking green amber, then tried updating, nothing seemed to change so stopped that. Next I would turn it on get the steady amber/green blinking, I hit power on remote and it changes to steady dim white light, would get the android music but nothing but a black screen, no backlight, no image with a torch that I could see. Then made a mistake not letting it dry long enough after cleaning with iso alch and blew up the 2 main filter caps, put it back together plugged in without tcon connected, got flashing green/amber and solid red at optical on mainboard but it went off after 15 seconds, now not getting anything at plug in and remote or panel button does not turn it on. The pics didn't turn out well, even tho I used a flood light.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony xbr65x900c sound yes, no backlight or image.

yours photo it is wrong.. you need to disconect the ribbon cable between the t-con and panel.. not the one you show on the photo which they should in place..

BTW you dont have light in canda to turn on at room.. why all dark lol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diah; 01-14-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

So, what are your power board voltages without main board connected and powered up? What are they with mainboard connected?
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Thanks for replies, Don't know why I can't get any light in here, it's like a dark cloud, I'm in the states. powered up with the tcon connectors on that side back in place place and off on the panel side, the light blinked amber/green for about 30-45 seconds then went off by itself, then tried remote and tv power button but no response, then took readings I get the proper voltage on 5-stby and 7-acdet, I have 2.3 volts on bl-err, the rest are 0, those are with mainboard hooked up, unhooked 5-stby and 7-acdet are the same and bl-err is .17 volt rest are 0.

Comment

backlights are edge-lit and tiny, don't really see any way to test them with a dmm, wonder if there's any other way to test them besides a bl tester?

Comment

So you have a power supply problem. Your voltages not coming up?
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              backlights are edge-lit and tiny, don't really see any way to test them with a dmm, wonder if there's any other way to test them besides a bl tester?
              if there are failed at firmware boot. the BL_ER will goes high. ( Firmware / MB Issue )
              if the LED BL failed the firmware at first boot will register the fault and BL_ER goes high. ( BL issue )

on the BL socket you have 14 pins. each 7 Pins make one group. each group share on Puls ( the white color cable) and the other grey will be each to one set of 8 or less or more of Leds depending on how many Leds in total. BUT each set will have same amount of LEDs so..

with tester.. each set of group remark its current if the same. or as you took the screen apart. with dark place record the BL with yours mobile camera and turn on the TV.. and review the video as step by step you will see which one will lit on for less than part of Second.

Comment

Damned if I know, are these sonys like some of the older sony and samsung ccfl lit tvs, where if you unplug the cable from powerboard to mainboard the backlights will come on to let you know the powerboard and backlights are ok? will try the phone cam Diah, there doesn't seem to be a hint of backlight any time I try to turn it on. Not sure dskall, I think it's strange that I'm not getting voltage on pin 9 power-on, unless it's there during the 30-45 seconds of the green/amber flashing period. I might be wrong but I thought I read that it will flash green/amber any time that the tcon is disconnected??

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  if there are failed at firmware boot. the BL_ER will goes high. ( Firmware / MB Issue )
                  if the LED BL failed the firmware at first boot will register the fault and BL_ER goes high. ( BL issue )

on the BL socket you have 14 pins. each 7 Pins make one group. each group share on Puls ( the white color cable) and the other grey will be each to one set of 8 or less or more of Leds depending on how many Leds in total. BUT each set will have same amount of LEDs so..

with tester.. each set of group remark its current if the same. or as you took the screen apart. with dark place record the BL with yours mobile camera and turn on the TV.. and review the video as step by step you will see which one will lit on for less than part of Second.
                  I was getting the android music before, did that mean that firmware was ok? thanks.

Comment

Did the powerboard alone test you suggested Diah, in that state the 12 volts are not there, do I need to jumper anything besides power-on and stby? thanks.

Comment

I was getting the android music before, did that mean that firmware was ok? thanks.
                      yes it mean it boot complete and the optical audio port lit red.. this was your condtion before the PCB firework.

Did the powerboard alone test you suggested Diah, in that state the 12 volts are not there, do I need to jumper anything besides power-on and stby? thanks.
                      show here the print pin chart of the PCB which it goes to MB.. to tell you how to test PCB as stand alone

Comment

If you click the first pic 3 times it will magnify, This is my powerboard, thanks: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/

Comment

If you click the first pic 3 times it will magnify, This is my powerboard, thanks: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/
                          if it was clear to my eyes i would never ask..lol
                          but you look self.. find the power_on i think pin 9 as the SJ photo.
                          yours main board should disconnected from PCB. first jumber STB with this Power_on pin.. and messure if you have reg 12v on the socket.

Comment

Thanks Diah, yes I did that, my 12 v's are not working at least there's no voltage on the 12 v pins, just 3.4 volts on power on, ac-det and stby that's in the stand alone test. When I had it hooked up to mainboard as normally the power on was not there, that is after the green/amber stopped flashing. But I know the 12 v's were there because I did read them at one point and that's after the fireworks.

Comment

Thanks Diah, yes I did that, my 12 v's are not working at least there's no voltage on the 12 v pins, just 3.4 volts on power on, ac-det and stby that's in the stand alone test. When I had it hooked up to mainboard as normally the power on was not there, that is after the green/amber stopped flashing. But I know the 12 v's were there because I did read them at one point and that's after the fireworks.
                              stay with stand alone test.. and keep the first jumber you did. do another jumber between STB and TCON_ON pin... see if you have 12 volt on pin TCON_12V

BTW be sure the first Jumber goes to power_on--- check again

Comment

Did it, when connected tcon on-poweron-standby voltages read 0, with poweron-stby connected voltage is 0, so in the standalone test, the only time I have any voltage at all is when I just plug the power cord into power supply, then I have 3.4 at stby and 3.4 at ac-det the rest are 0. I guess something is wrong with powerboard.

Comment

Did it, when connected tcon on-poweron-standby voltages read 0, with poweron-stby connected voltage is 0, so in the standalone test, the only time I have any voltage at all is when I just plug the power cord into power supply, then I have 3.4 at stby and 3.4 at ac-det the rest are 0. I guess something is wrong with powerboard.
                                  so since the main fuse didn't blow up.. you have now OPEN CIRCUIT at the Primary section.. start with testing all parts with FS label include any R or diode or zener

Comment

Yes, I sent it yesterday, you might have missed it. Clipped the ZD909 zener, its ok, have several tiny resistors reading short in that area, do you think that IC901 could be bad, not sure how to test it, can I test it in circuit? guess I could remove it and see if the shorts go away, thanks. have a picture here from sj: https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-1-474...-supply-board/

Comment

Plus when ZD909 is installed it reads short but is ok out of circuit, well .972 one way and 1 the other.

Comment

Will test all with fs label, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X