Silverstone Strider ST365 360W ATX v2.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverstone Strider ST365 360W ATX v2.01

Last week I got two Silverstone Strider ST365 360W ATX v2.01 for only $35 each. The guy that sell them to me have them as a gift because he is being a distributor for Silverstone case & psu in my town (Arena comp, Bandung, thx bro! ). He gave me only one month of warranty though.. haha as he received only 5 unit and now only one left in his shop.

I can't explain much with words so let's see the pics to judge the quality.. (if it possible):

They run really silent on light and heavy load.

Attached Files
    days are so short when you actually do something..

Re: Silverstone Strider ST365 360W ATX v2.01

On the sticker:

+3.3V -> 22A
    +5V -> 21A
    +12V1 -> 10A
    +12V2 -> 15A
    -12V -> 0.3A
    +5VSB -> 2A

3.3V and 5V combined load = 130W

360W Max

All voltage rails are very tight, almost no up and down on light or heavy loading (a64 @2000Mhz & @1000MHz (cool & quiet)).

3.3V -> 3.37V
    5V -> 5.08V
    12V(molex) -> 12.16V
    12V(ATX) -> 12.12V

I measure them with this DMM:

Attached Files

Comment

I swear this is the most difficult PSU to open. The only way to open it is to start from this corner:

..and then:

Attached Files

Comment

The PSU came in a black shiny case, really beautiful for its cheap price. Teapo SC cap everywhere (prod date about 2005), and some little 47uf & 4.7uF jamicon TK.

Attached Files

Comment

What does this mean?

Attached Files
          Last edited by yanz; 04-02-2006, 01:39 AM.

Comment

.. and 3 variable resistor. do you know which one is for each rails?

Attached Files

Comment

What is not in the picture is the condition after I recaped one psu (the camera is not on me again, so I can't take the pics). The other one is left without modification so maybe after years we can compare how both perform (on similar a64 3000+ and epox 8gf6100 system). I believe the airflow inside the case is really good although I'm a silent pc maniac -> the key is to use some Panaflo 80mm low cfm (FBP-08B12L) fan @7V (12V - 5V) in the case.

Small/medium capacitors:

* = not in the spec, using dimension case with voltage rate below (e.g 10V for 16V, 6.3V for 10V)

Date code on 3300uF Teapo : 03/05 A3
              Date code on <= 2200uF Teapo : 11/05 A3

Large - snap in type - capasitors:

Again, LXK 820uF 200V @ 22x46mm is not listed in the spec.

There are still some tiny caps that I can't read the value, but they are teapo. I almost regret to replace those tiny caps as it is easy to take it out but difficult to put back the replacement. Hint: I used my sister surgery tools (she is a doctor). You can imagine how difficult it is to put back the replacement caps without taking out the heatsink first.

I think all this process would be unnecessary or overkill if the teapo cap is of good quality. But... we don't know that for sure.

The denial they did in the past for their problem had put my trust to very low degree for them (teapo). They sure have problem in my old abit and epox mobo (memtest error) with everything else replaced with good quality caps (pannys and rubicon).. Maybe 'their partner' GSC and Jackon had dragged their quality (teapo) down with them on the board, but I don't know...

Comment

Chemicon KMM

Nichicon HE, PW

Panasonic HFE, HFQ, EB, FC

Rubycon YXF

Sanyo WG

Teapo SC, LXK

Jamicon TK: ???

Systematic Diagram of Teapo Capacitor:
                About Teapo: http://www.teapo.com.tw/aboutE.htm
                Last edited by yanz; 04-02-2006, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Nice 120mm fan, decent heatsinks, decent I/P lytic capacitance. Main transformer looks a bit small - are the switch devices MOSFETs or transistors? MOSFETs are faster, allowing a higher switch frequency, which allows a smaller transformer. You have two smaller transformers, one of which is for the +5V Stby. Often the second is a base-drive transformer for switch transistors, which is why I'm wondering about the size of the main transformer. That small toroid next to the main transformer has me wondering, too. If it's the mag-amp inductor for the +3.3V, it seems small and might run pretty hot.

That sticker on the I/P lytic is probably either to indicate that it passed inspection or test. Usually the three regulated O/Ps are the +5V, +12V (summed and fed back to the main control loop), and the +3.3V (mag-amp post-regulator). These are candidates for the pots. You may also have secondary-side current limit, OVP, over-temp, and fan regulator as candidates for the pots.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

i think the sticker is just "passed by inspector no.3" i doubt they would be grading, it would be pass/fail. anyway difficult to know for sure.

for $35 its a steal
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

The case looks very similar to Seasonic, they are also very difficult to take apart...

I even think the PCB might be a Seasonic, saw a characteristic "S" in one of the pics...
                      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

From the markings on the larger transformer, it looks like it's made by Enhance, like many other Silverstone units - could you check that?

Looks like a well-built device, and certainly a good deal for $35.

Comment

It's well-made - Enhance is a possibility. They use Teapo & Jamicon a lot, and they rarely fail in an Enhance PSU.

Comment

Most Silverstones are Enhance... this is most likely one of them

Comment

The ENP model number confirms Enhance-built.
                              The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

they got zinc plated version also....

http://www.mrpower.com.tw/product_in...roducts_id=381
                                Attached Files
                                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

For some reason I like the sinks in the unit yanz posted better, maybe air flows better through them. Seems like they have more exposed area.

Comment

@willawake, actually the manual book shows the photo of the psu with heatsink like that. Mine is non-PFC version so it's a bit different. The price with PFC version would be about $59 iirc. My version on neweggs = $39.

@Galvanized, yup.. I prefer mine too

@tiresias, by the model number: "ENP-533G" i belive this is an Enhance PSU. The photo from Will confirms this also.

@PeteS in CA, first, thanks for comment. I'll check what the reading/print on the mosfet/trannsistor if its has any meaning.. The question, how to identify if it's a mosfet or just a transistor (NPN?)?

Please assist me further guys..

Comment

nevermind..

i'm affraid it's not possible to read the marking on the mosfet without desolder the heatsink first.

on the secondary heatsink there are about 5 chip attached: 2 are really big (their face againts each other), 2 are mid, 1 small.

that one small chip/mosfet marked: SBL 3045 509 II ## (or so).

these ferite core are interesting:

after recaping:

Attached Files

Comment

@ yanz...
                                        did recapping cap can usefull for cheap psu? i means un famous brand... thank you...

Comment

Working...
                                        X