X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi!

My name is Charles and I've been working with electronics since I was 10. I'm retired now after a very good working career as a design engineer. I've worked for companies designing walkie talkies, mini-computers, and a couple of semiconductor companies making memory devices.

In high school, I built a Heathkit color TV and a Knightkit Star Roamer short wave radio...how many of you remember Heathkit and Knightkit? I've also built ham radio gear, though that hobby has been overshadowed by computers and networking. I built my first computer from scratch and used it for many years till I finally assembled an IBM clone computer.

My hobbies include flying, computers, networking and lots of sightseeing. I have been a pilot since I was in college and currently fly a Piper Cherokee 180. I have a house full of computers, even though I recycled a ton of them a year ago. I also travel a lot. I have a consulting gig that I refuse to give up that I work 4 weeks a year and it takes me all over the world.

I discovered this forum as I have a Samsung LCD TV that intermittently won't turn on. Since I'm a "lazy" repairman, I Googled the problem and bumped into this forum. It looks like an interesting forum, so I thought I would throw my hat in and check it out.

Thank you for having this forum available as a resource.

Bye... :-)
    Charles

Comment

Hello....again... from a misplaced misfit

Hope all reading this is having a Powerful Day!
      I Luv this site, was a member here 5-6-7 years ago and had lost my way through life's trials & tribulations, ya know the usual stuff (newly single, moving, a total job 180, ..lost my mom couple years ago, I was in a seriously bad wreck year ago, blah blah blah) ...nothing stays forever and even statues crumble eventually eh?
      A long forgotten password and a now dead email address that i used to sign up here years ago is why I'm now a n00b once again, sigh ;(
      been getting the hell zapped outta me and releasing magic smoke out of boxes for 40 years, jack0ff of all aspects, Master of none
      ~Whirled Peas
      Shock2Cure,
      or the fartist formerly known as "Hollyw00d"
      "Our technologies have surpassed our humanity" ~Einstein

Comment

Hi! I'm from the west coast of Canada, and I'm looking to learn how to repair motherboards on a component level. This site seems like an amazing resource and an excellent place to start.
        Cheers!

Comment

Love this forum

Comment

Hi, I'm an electronic hobbyist. What brought me to this forum was one thread dedicated to a repair of one particular Dell monitor - one I was very much interested in fixing!

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi, and thank you for the add. I look forward to reading and contributing.

Thanks again..
              V

Comment

Im a real person too! Im a disabled nerd who just can't get enough of learning..

Current setup is a PACE MBT with 6 different attachments including Soldering, Desoldering gun, Heat gun, chipset soldering, micro soldering and vacuum attachment..

Comment

Hi, this forum has helped me find information about fixing TV's in the past, but I'm having an issue with one and so need to ask for help! Thanks

Comment

Hi, im new to this forum but i been reading it for long time. Many useful information and advanced users (no noob smartguys aka try pluging cable in power chord?). Best regards

Comment

Hello Folks! Recently retired from the Navy after 20 year as an electronics technician. II am also an amateur radio operator who love to build and fix things. Stumbled across this forum while looking for some info on a part for a Samsung TV. Looks like a great community and I look forward to hopefully adding some more knowledge where I can.

Comment

Hi, I found this site with good info on caps. I manly mess with A/V stuff.

Comment

New member saying hello, looks like a great place.

Comment

new member and thanks for the warm welcome.Found lots of useful already.

Comment

Hello to all of you from Arezzo (Italy)
                              I love all reparation , but i love much more RETRO-reparation :-)

I have Amiga 500-1200-4000-C64 etc etc...

Thanks for this forum

Comment

doing this so i can get help with a projector PSU problem, thanks.

Comment

I play music and I'd like to change my amp VOX MINI3

Comment

hi I'm Vladimiro and I'm 51 years old Italian, I'm an electronic technician. I find this site very interesting and I hope to learn a lot and participate.

Comment

Joined to find information on fixing the backlights on my Samsung TV

Comment

Hi all, my name is Kenley Tate. I'm from Nashville, TN. I like computer, gadgets and all that is connected with it.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Working...
                                          X