Group Buy: CH341A Programmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Group Buy: CH341A Programmer

I'm thinking of cases where the patient PCB is dead and its "ROM" contents need to be transferred to a donor PCB. This frequently happens in HDD data recovery. In such cases the programmer would need to power up the PCB.

As for contention issues, that happens too. In such cases the data recovery professionals swap the actual ROM, but I've always wondered whether there is a simple in-circuit solution. Most of these people are programmers or IT "techs", so their knowledge of electronics is essentially zero. Basically they are just head swap mechanics and ROM jockeys, so getting them to try anything is often fruitless.
    Last edited by fzabkar; 11-25-2015, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Before modifying any read-write \ \ wipe operation, must automatically detect the chip, no detected chip termination
      IIUC, manually specifying the IC part number has been disabled in the latest software release. AISI, this essentially cripples the software.

I examined the datasheet for one of the newly added devices (MX25L12839F):

AFAICT this device can be programmed in Mode 0 just like "standard" SPI flash.

Edit:

Perhaps I have misunderstood the translation. Does the programmer terminate if the chip's ID cannot be detected, or does it terminate if the ID can be detected but not recognised as one of the supported devices?
      Last edited by fzabkar; 11-25-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

you can deal with contention a lot by shutting down the original bus-master by shorting or removing the clock / crystal

Comment

This "Kindle mod" demonstrates how to convert a 0V-1.8V LVTTL signal into one that ranges from 0.6V to 2.4V:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/228167mod18V.jpg
          http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/217313dku518.jpg

It uses a 1N4148 diode and 22K resistor.

Note: The above example modifies a serial LVTTL Tx/Rx interface but the same principle should apply to any 1.8V signal.
          Last edited by fzabkar; 11-27-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Become a member a few days ago...

With ISP (In Circuit Programming) we have to well aware of most likely circuit contentions / conflicts issues.
            As already mentioned, by @japlytic and @stj, these can be easily circumvented according to the circuit:
            a) if not tied up, keep the system in reset / hold state
            b) if tied up, shut down the bus by shorting or removing the oscillator / crystal
            If tied up and strong pull up/down found, then remove the 0 ohm resistor connected between the power bus and the IC power pin (common implementation in circuit boards with programmable ICs).

AFAICT that ugly patch with a LDO will not work under 1.8V logic level!
            He’s just gambling with the lowest power supply level for the CH341 and added a capacitor, hopping it to work. It might… but be well prepared for very inconsistent results.

Even the “super simple” level shifter will be more reliable and… simpler!
            I’ve used it a lot back in the early 3.3V logic emergence days.
            The same principle applies for 1.8V with the needed adjustments. Do not forget the Rx line.

In any case, I strongly suggest you power up the hard drive pcb from any other auxiliary power source, not from the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
              Is anyone interested in participating in a group buy for this?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?&id=39537489315

Sure, there are myriads of CH341A devices on the market, but the software originates from a single seller (though I assume he is using the PonyProg source as his base).

I spoke with the seller, and there are two versions of his software. One version goes up to 1.29, which requires a paid license.

The next iteration of his software (current version 1.32 I think) uses a security dongle (The purple USB device shown in the last picture).

In order to purchase these, we would need to use a TaoBao escrow service because there's no other way to pay the seller.

The group buy is to offset the cost of the escrow.

Please post here if you're interested.

Yes, you are full right, I have send an email to skygz@qq.com and he said me that the last version for unlocked usb dongle CH341A is the version 1.31 and the latest version for locked usb dongle CH341A is the version 1.33 and I have seen in the website: yadi.sk cracked versions of CH341A, these cracked CH341A versions are: v1.29/v1.30. As the v1.31 was released 1-6-2016 I believe that we will find a cracked v1.31 in the next future

Comment

1.31 cracked version please

Comment

Why not just pay the author the $5 and have access to the latest versions...
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

give me attachement adress to have 1.31

Comment

just upload it here.
                      click [go advanced]

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                        just upload it here.
                        click [go advanced]

I can not find it STJ . Please help

Comment

Scroll down, under the Repply to thread form. See Additional Options, than click Manage Attachments, the rest is pretty straightforward.
                          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Ch341a v1.30
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Zokasoft

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                                Why not just pay the author the $5 and have access to the latest versions...
                                I just tried to e-mail skygz@qq.net and it bounced back. Is there some other way to contact the developer of this software?

Comment

Originally posted by knappster View Post
                                  I just tried to e-mail skygz@qq.net and it bounced back. Is there some other way to contact the developer of this software?
                                  Send me a PM please.
                                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

hi you can send me a pm with version 1.31.
                                    i'cant find on the forum

Comment

скиньте и мне пожалуйста (CH341A version 1.31)

Comment

вот немного другой софт Colibri.rar http://**************/forum/90-46716-4

Comment

I had upload CH341A v1.31 trail version, who would crack it?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bq8zb1...341A_v1.31.zip

Comment

Working...
                                          X