LG 47LC7DF no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 47LC7DF no power

My cord looks nothing like that but my TV is a UK version so does that mean my TV was suppose to have a different cord, because it was made for a different region of the world?

Comment

post some pics up if your able to

Comment

Here is the cord and back of TV
        Attached Files

Comment

pass matey, try changing the power cord. you got no power at all i would have thought the thunder storm would have blown psu, i had a set come to me a while ago after a thunder storm, all the caps had bulged replaced them and it worked a treat
          Last edited by joehezzer; 09-26-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

The problem is i do not live in another region and even if i did acquire another cord i wouldn't have any place to plug it in.

Also would the cord cause all my problems fuse, large caps & no picture?

Symptoms No picture, but led is red when off and flashes green for a few seconds then stays green and has sound from which ever input i select, but like i said no picture.
            Last edited by Mongor62; 09-26-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongor62 View Post
              The problem is i do not live in another region and even if i did acquire another cord i wouldn't have any place to plug it in.

Also would the cord cause all my problems fuse, large caps & no picture?
              may be not the powercord, as it looks like you do not have fuse in your plugs. if the fuse has gone in the psu then nothing will work at all,possible the same with the caps on the psu
              Last edited by joehezzer; 09-26-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

My TV performs the same with the fuse in (not working) or new soon to be blown fuse or even no fuse at all.

Comment

sorry matey for some strange reason thought you started the thread but it was kzan, i think you may have to start your own thread lol

Comment

Wasn't able to do that because i am new and was very limited

Comment

i think you will need to take a pic of back of set without cover on

Comment

Here it is and i also included a picture of the cover that goes over the power supple just so you could see it had melted some
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mongor62, you only need to post 1 post before you can start a thread, you were supposed to do that in the introduction forum...but either way you can post a new thread now given that you have 10 posts....also to the OP Kzan, I have a replacement PS for that model on E-bay...hint hint

Comment

I am sorry and will do that now.

Comment

Re: LG 47LC7DF-UK Sound but no Video

Just like the title says i have sound but not video

What i have done so far (besides invading someone's thread) is replace the 2 large caps(450v 150uf) and the fuse(250v 5A) near it that was blown and i still have the same problem and the TV works exactly the same as it did before i did anything and with or without that fuse installed, which is now blown just like the original.

I own a Fluke 87 and am a novice at using it. just would like to know where to attack from here but my lack of experience is holding me back.

Power supply model = P/N : 2300KEG021A-F
                              Main board model = LA75A EAX38059704 (0) 071129 H.Y.H.

Pics are of my TV and i include the plug because my TV is a UK version not a UB version and just trying to find out if it is the wrong region or i have the wrong cord. The version matters because i cannot find any sort of Service manual besides the UB version which is different from mine. The UB version of my TV have separate inverter board and the way i understand it mine has that integrated into the power supply. Also included picture of the cover to the power supply to show the plastic that was distorted due to heat.

Much of this has been posted in another person thread and i am sorry about doing that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                              Attached Files

Comment

wrong place thought i posted new thread

Super Duper sorry.
                                Last edited by Mongor62; 09-26-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X