X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus M4A89GTDPRO memory compatibility ?

Guys,

I tried to boot with
    Micron MT8JTF12864AZ-1G4G1 but got always LED memory blinking...
    and POST diagnostic = D4D4...

Is it another incompatibility issue ?

Re: Asus M4A89GTDPRO memory compatibility ?

Is it compatible with MT8JTF12864AZ-1G4F1 ?

Comment

just try it on another board. if it works, its incompatible mem... btw, micron ram is infamous for just randomly dying.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
        btw, micron ram is infamous for just randomly dying.
        Micron? As in Micron Technology (MT)?
        I seriously doubt it. Micron is a huge RAM manufacturer and OEM RAN supplier, just like Samsung, Hynix, Nanya, and Elpida... all of which make excellent reliable RAM.

Comment

the ddr2 micron d9 overclocking ram is well known for its SUDS around many internet forums.

anyway, that's a ddr3 board. maybe micron fixed the issues with their ram in ddr3. who knows...

Comment

the chip on that RAM is D9MNL, CL = 9

Comment

just try it on another board. if it works, its incompatible mem... btw, micron ram is infamous for just randomly dying.
              That's the only board I have, and the only DDR3 as well

Comment

I've found one in QVL asus :
                Micron MT8JTF12864AZ-1G4F1, chip D9KPT, CL 9
                .....is it different with Micron MT8JTF12864AZ-1G4G1 ?
                Suppose to be nearly the same....it's really different ??

Comment

the ddr2 micron d9 overclocking ram is well known for its SUDS around many internet forums.

anyway, that's a ddr3 board. maybe micron fixed the issues with their ram in ddr3. who knows...
                  In this case, I don't do overclock, only by default and safe mode to get POST...
                  I pressed memory ok button, looked like the board trying to find a correct timing for this memory....blink2....until it stopped and LED for memory was on, which was a sign of failure in finding the correct timing....

Comment

and it's doing POST already, I saw it on diagnostic....stop on D4D4 and loop again...and when I pulled out this RAM....C1C1 as usual....no RAM...Let me see it again to be sure...

Comment

Video :
                      https://youtu.be/WWKkMSElxPw

Comment

on asus mobos which use ami bios, d4 means "Test base 512KB memory. Adjust policies and cache first 8MB. Set stack." so apparently, its a ram issue. try a different dimm slot. cpu may also have a bad/faulty/fried memory controller. try another cpu? make sure cpu pins arent bent or damaged? could also be bad caps and/or bad mosfets for the ram? wipe the dimm slot on mobo and goldfingers on ram to make sure it isnt bad contact.

Comment

could also be bad caps and/or bad mosfets for the ram?
                          What voltage do I need for those RAMs slot ? 1.5V ?

Comment

I don't have other CPU for testing that's the only one...where did you get "Test base 512KB memory. Adjust policies and cache first 8MB. Set stack." from ?

That's good information I've not seen from my POST diagnostic manual...
                            Is it possible that my DDR module not compatible with this board ?

Comment

from the postcodemaster website i linked? under ami bios rev 8?

from what i've seen of most post manuals that come with post cards, they contain obsolete info pertaining to 386/486, pentium and earlier boards' bios. i had to go online to decipher what the post codes meant on "modern" motherboards and had to print it out on a piece of paper for reference.

btw, u might wanna download the manual for the boards u are trying to troubleshoot. mobo manufacturers like asus, gigabyte and msi typically mention what bios they use in the manual. its in the first few pages where they list all the specs of the board e.g. cpu types supported, bus/ram speed, onboard devices, onboard headers etc.
                              Originally posted by bianchi77 View Post
                              What voltage do I need for those RAMs slot ? 1.5V ?
                              yes ddr3 ram typically uses 1.5v. but there are low voltage ddr3 variants that use 1.35v.
                              Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 09-23-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

do you mean this one ?
                                http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...362.1474674097

Comment

Working...
                                X