This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just found your forum and really grateful for it! I have a 3 year-old Sharp lcd that died suddenly and the troubleshooting advice I have found here is invaluable.

Thank you!

Comment

Greetings, folks! I am tinkering with my old UPSs and found this wonderful forum.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just registered, I got an issue with a laptop BIOS password that I'll try get help on later.

Looking forward to chatting to you.

Comment

hello world XD

Comment

Hello people,

This might seem weird to the admin, I've been in the computer world since the early 90's, but a late bloomer to electronics and landed on this site while trying to fix my Proscan TV.

I guess I'm the perfect example of never being to late to learn. Oh, BTW, I'm in my late 50's.

I'm sure I'll learn a few (A LOT) of tricks!

Comment

Introduction
              Basic electrical and electronic training courtesy of Uncle Sam's Canoe Club back in the 80's and been exposed in one way or another since. I currently find myself looking at seven flat screen tv sets in a friends shop. Of course I said hey, I can help clear this area out. Best intentions and all, no good deed, etc. Anyway, Mr. Murphy being the eternal optimist that he is has truly blessed me. Well at this point I am just absorbing information and it is like drinking through a fire hose. I need to slow the flow to something specific to my current dilemma.

Comment

Hello all, Im a retired RF tech, worked in Cellular and 2 way for 35 years,,, looks like a nice place to get info and see others that enjoy the hobby.....

Comment

Hello, I'm from Portugal and I ended here during a "Google-ing" section while I was looking for information in attempt to save my Samsung TV. I have recycled some PC´s, CRT TV's and a LCD before, in my opinion is a great way to learn, kill some time and saves the environment. My education is in Mechanics (I work in car factory) so my electronic knowledge is in a basic level. Thanks for sharing your knowledge providing your troubleshooting guides. see you soon.

Comment

Name: Ronald P. Vinegas Jr.
                    have 3 kids

Interest: Electronics, Performed preventive maintenance to both software and hardware pc components. Newbie on laptop repairs but have a fair knowledge on cellphone repair, both software and hardware part.

Graduated as Bachelor of Science in Information Technology .. . ... .

Comment

Hello and thank you for the site. I have been reading the site for some time now. It is only right to sign up.

I have been doing repairs for more than 20 years now. I enjoy the challenges and the rewarding feeling you get when you return the repaired device to its owner. I have found many rewarding relationships in terms of friendship and thanks from those I have helped out.

Though it would seem counter-productive I enjoy helping the older generations (elderly) for free and if parts are cheap I do that for free as well. It is my way of giving back to the great generations. To that end I have used some information from this site on occasion to put me in the right direction for some repairs. Hence, I am signing up.

Northeast PA, USA here and like other members I highly enjoy my privacy online. I thus have few accounts on the internet other than email. Due to the actual help this site provides I now have one more internet account.

I have some computer engineering schooling (90 credits) but did not finish. That it is a whole other story.

My respects to those that use the site, those that provide insight and information. and the site operators for their willingness to provide a forum for those of us who need the information and/or can provide information in a central location on the internet.

I look forward to not only receiving information but also returning some insight as well.

Comment

Hi to all

I like to use any types of computers as personal computer and laptop. Also I'm a IT Manager. I'm interesting in art, including modern art. I'm from USA. I live in city which called New York. I have 30 years. I like to chat on various themes. I would like to join your forum.

Best regards!

Comment

Hello all I am a new member to badcaps.net and this is my first time using a forum! I came here to learn more about electronics and how all components work. I’m a big video game, movie, and music enthusiast. I live in good ole Indiana in the USA and I am looking forward to chatting with some of you.

Comment

I'm good with m.boards, PBXs, Routing, Firewalls, CCTV systems, POS, PC/Mac, Server/desktop developer, rookie firmware, pro script-or. Pro encryptor.

Running Cent OS, Windows 7/10, Chrome OS (when bored or overwhelmed).

Core i7 rig, dell 13.

Currently running enterprise grade open source HRMS, ERP, CRM & POS (all integrated).

Bsc. CT, MSc. ICT Policy & Regulation. CISA, CEH.

You guys saved my life & you don't even know it.

Comment

Hello to all here, I joined Badcaps to learn about how to upgrade the "caps" in my NAD C272 amp from a old thread I found from here. I am a Ham Radio operator KG5HBI(call sign) and need to learn more about how to replace caps,resistors etc on PCB. I paid BIG bucks to have ALL the caps (FRANKO,RIFA etc) replaced in my ReVox R2R a few years ago then the oil can caps in my networks in my vintage Klipsch speakers that looked easy vs the R2R. Looking at soldering stations now as my quest begins to do some of my own maintenance now that I am retired.

Comment

Hey all, I'm a computer tech from Vancouver. & I'm here to benefit from all your tech savvy know hows.
                                Thanks Jay

Comment

hey everyone, nice to b part of the forum, will be delighted to contribute and also get help from you guys. firm\ware and hardware support Engineer. have much experience with working with faulty Laptop boards, Printers and Desktops (P.C's). based in South Africa but originally from Zimbabwe. hope to have fun as i help you and you help me with getting staff needed to conclude our daily work ethics!!.

Comment

Hello, ìm Evgeni from Ruse Bulgaria. 27 years old, working for the past 4 years as a PC repair technician. In my free time i like to play with Arduino and ESP8266. Aways been and aways will be an enthusiast about electronics and board level repairs.
                                    So Greetings from Bulgaria.

Comment

Evening all,

Found the forum while trying to fix my crappy Vestel built TV, looks like loads of knowledgeable folks here who are willing to help.

Hopefully I will be able to also.

I have a background primarily in IT, but also studied electrical engineering at Uni - but I was rather bad at it, thus moving on to IT.

Comment

Introduction:
                                        Hello I am Mark an Automotive Engineer by trade.
                                        Father of Seven Children from age 8 to 26.
                                        I'm always trying to fix things that break or fail around the house.
                                        From Autos, the House, Washers, Dryers, etc.. you name it I've DIY'd with the help of the Internet and YouTube just about everything. This is what brings me here I'm trying to fix a TV with the help of an Electrical Engineer

Comment

Hi everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X