Sony mds JA 30 ES minidisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony mds JA 30 ES minidisc

I have a fantastic but faulty machine from my brother. It's build like tank but is quite complex with a lot of pcb's and a complex disc mechanism.
    I would like to repair it.

I understand most of you don't know this machine but it is "just another" electronic apparatus so you might be able to help me find the problem.

The loading tray wasn't working properly. I replaced the belt and that's solved.

Another problem occurs when the machine get warmer. When it is in my "cool" workplace it plays perfectly but in my audioset it sits above a warm poweramp. First the display goes black but the machine continues to work. Some time after that (30 min) it stops playing and doesn't accept minidiscs and spits them out again.

Re: Sony mds JA 30 ES minidisc

Originally posted by Koprol View Post
    Another problem occurs when the machine get warmer. When it is in my "cool" workplace it plays perfectly but in my audioset it sits above a warm poweramp. First the display goes black but the machine continues to work. Some time after that (30 min) it stops playing and doesn't accept minidiscs and spits them out again.
    That sounds like cold solder somewhere, in power supply most likely. Check first hot components like regulators/diodes.

Comment

Ok, thanks.
      I was going to search on the display pcb because the fault is is there first and then progresses to more areas. When writing this, your suggestion sound logical than mine...

Comment

Still, check that displayboard also. There can be some more colds. Sorry for late answer, don't come here too often.

Comment

hello, I'm having the same problem, when it's on for 30 minutes it's a strange thing and it's stopped, it does not open the tray, what was the solution? thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Koprol View Post
            Another problem occurs when the machine get warmer
            Since the symptom can be reproduced, just get out your heat gun and find out what part of the unit is sensitive to heat. Or wait for failure and selectively freeze various things. Better than guessing at least for now. Usually mechanical things work better when they are warm, so I would suspect electronics first.
            Is it plugged in?

Comment

Working...
            X