X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onkyo TX-NR616 won't stay powered on

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
    The new one, should look like this: 830K013DZKB4
    Do you see the D in it? Yours, is probably B or C version.
    I checked mine its B version

Comment

Here in US, Onkyo will repair this issue for free.
      Maybe, you should check with Onkyo, in India.
      Mine it was repaired once, so it is not entitled for another free repair.
      I'm also suspecting, firmware issue. Maybe, the firmware upgrade was stopped suddenly, without finishing the process, or installed wrong firmware.
      i got this unit from my friend, he sold me in this condition ,i dont where he got. And i am not sure about firmaware updated or not.how i can update firmawre again now usb not recoganising in front and back

Comment

I have never done anything like this myself.
        I have replaced the DSP with a new D version, I have replaced the nand flash, which I have flashed, with a firmware file and still no change.
        Look at the avsforum link that I have posted earlier, that TJMotter seems like he did this many times and you should ask him what to do.
        I'm posting there as well.
        I need to get a Bus Pirate next. Also he is saying that is not easy to make a good nand flash without bad sectors, which is important.
        Most likely, I will have to de-solder it and compare it, with a good working nand's content.
        Normally, it is not worth to me all this trouble, because the 609 is not worth much. I'm doing it for the challenge and I'm also learning something.
        I have got this receiver for free.

Comment

I have replaced the DSP with a new D version, I have replaced the nand flash, which I have flashed, with a firmware file and still no change.
          Look at the avsforum link that I have posted earlier, that TJMotter seems like he did this many times and you should ask him what to do.
          I need to get a Bus Pirate next. Also he is saying that is not easy to make a good nand flash without bad sectors, which is important.
          Most likely, I will have to de-solder it and compare it, with a good working nand's content.
          Normally, it is not worth to me all this trouble, because the 609 is not worth much. I'm doing it for the challenge and I'm also learning something.
          HOW you installed new dsp chip? using hot air work station or BGM work station/?

Comment

Hot air.

Comment

Hot air.
              Are you sure hot air can do the job well? all balls need to connected right?

Comment

can you explain why you need to flash the rom?it already ther you just replacing the dsp chip only..it will not effect the rom right?

Comment

I'm in the same situation as you. I don't have experience with this.
                  The firmware may have been corrupted, somebody could have loaded the wrong firmware.
                  Please read the avsforum, what TJMotter said. He has experience.

Comment

The firmware may have been corrupted, somebody could have loaded the wrong firmware.
                    ok Noted, thank you,,,

Comment

can u tell us pls, where exactly the dc board is connected to ur hdmi board? where do the wires go? hard to see in the pictures. Is ur dts chip's 5 volt still present or did he cut a trace or something like that?

The Dts has its own rom, as u can read in the datasheet and maybe needs to be programmed to.

I think he took of the 5 volt from the dts and takes the 5 volt from the lil board, so that the dsp doesnt has to.

Comment

Sorry, but I have sold that receiver long time ago. I did not do the repair myself, it was done by a Ebay repair man, who was offering this repair.

Comment

Got a 609 cheap. Video and sound only in DIRECT mode, gray net and upgrade. Will reflow the DSP chip and add heat sink. Waiting for thermocouple so I can heat chip to reball specs. Don't want to cook it. BTW, I picked up a clean Sony STR-DN840 for $60 w/remote locally, everything works! I have had good luck with Sony, just cracked solder joints on amp boards, easy to ID and fix.

Comment

The DSP chip may be bad as well. It could be the soldering, but also could be that the chip is bad. They were recalled. The new chips, have a D in the model number. The original one has a B.

Comment

Here is the picture.
                              I'm sorry. I can't recognise the mini daughter board. But saw the two wires only

Comment

Working...
                              X