Samsung ln46a550p3f channels changing itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung ln46a550p3f channels changing itself

Last time I came here, I was able to fix my TV with a new tcon board as suggested by some members here, and I loved fixing it myself. Now I am here with another issue with the same TV.

I have two issues with the TV now.

1. TV doesn't power off by button or remote. Anytime I plug in the wire, the TV turns On right away and I have to then unplug the wire to turn it off.

2. The channels keep changing by itself, so the remote doesn't work. here's a video of my actual TV
    https://streamable.com/wpvgh

46 inch Samsung
    Model: LN46A550P3F
    Model code: LN46A550P3FXZA

I googled the issue and some people are suggesting you remove the circuit board that has the buttons and use the TV with remote. I guess I can do that too. I have not tried that yet, but wanted to ask the experts on what you think the issue could be and if it is something I can fix myself.

Thanks!

Re: Samsung ln46a550p3f channels changing itself

Originally posted by stock2009 View Post
    Last time I came here, I was able to fix my TV with a new tcon board as suggested by some members here, and I loved fixing it myself. Now I am here with another issue with the same TV.

I have two issues with the TV now.

1. TV doesn't power off by button or remote. Anytime I plug in the wire, the TV turns On right away and I have to then unplug the wire to turn it off.

2. The channels keep changing by itself, so the remote doesn't work. here's a video of my actual TV
    https://streamable.com/wpvgh

46 inch Samsung
    Model: LN46A550P3F
    Model code: LN46A550P3FXZA

I googled the issue and some people are suggesting you remove the circuit board that has the buttons and use the TV with remote. I guess I can do that too. I have not tried that yet, but wanted to ask the experts on what you think the issue could be and if it is something I can fix myself.

Thanks!
    You have to isolate the issue first. unplug the button board and see if it still does it.
    Last edited by Demonata08; 05-20-2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

sounds like one of the channel buttons on the TV is stuck.

Comment

If unplugging button board and trying remote doesn't work, could be an eeprom issue.

Comment

Working...
        X