No announcement yet.

Windows 10 and magically hidden files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10 and magically hidden files.

Originally posted by stj View Post
    you could get rid of man-made space junk, but who wants to pay for it!

btw, the speed of light is not fixed, you can speed it up or slow it down with magnetic fields.
    all the crap theory's revolving around it come from "scientists" trying to sound clever when they actually know nothing.

"scientists" came out wih similar crap theory's about the speed of sound - until it was broken.

they also came out with crap theory's about much slower speeds.
    i seem to remember something about man not being able to travel faster than 30MPH without being killed by it during the early days of the horseless carriage.

that theory went to shit once railways started being built!

bottom-line: theory's arent worth the paper they are quoted on.
    Tesla hated Einstein and knew he was a plaguarist anyway.
    he stated that discovery's come from experiments and not from writing theoretical numbers down.!!!
    I majored in chem tech for a little bit. I got sick and couldn't catch up. Missing just one week was enough to put me way behind. Anyway, I learned some stuff. One thing was the word theory, it's one of the most misused words ever! A theory is a hypothesis that has soooo much evidence supporting it that we pretty much know this is the way it is. Now, one of the most wonderful things about science is you never try to prove anything. You always try to disprove stuff. While you're trying to disprove your hypothesis, you build evidence to support it. If you do disprove it, you change the hypothesis.

Theories are changeable as well. As soon as we get evidence to disprove the theory, we change the hypothesis and start over. Once we get enough supporting evidence, we send it off to be reviewed by peers. If they can conduct the same experiments and get the same results and not find a way to disprove, then we might have something.

The speed of light is generally considered a constant, but you're right, we believe that it might be influenceable. I remember when I took a college course a very long time ago, a professor told me scientists were able to successfully change the speed of light by doing some weird stuff but for the most part, we consider it a constant. This allows certain equations to be finished real nice like.

One thing I've never liked is the idea behind dark matter / dark energy. Jacobus Kapteyn suggested the idea first, back in 1922. Some scientists calculate the weight of a galaxy and the galaxy doesn't weigh enough. The stars on the outside should just fling off into space. So, what do scientists do? Instead of saying hey, we got some formulas wrong or we don't fully understanding gravity like we thought we did, or we can't successfully calculate the weight of the galaxy or hey, we messed up somewheres, let's find out where....instead of any of that, they say hey! These galaxy's don't weigh enough, therefore, there's gotta be something there that's just impossible to detect and it weighs something. In fact, it's all over the galaxy, and it just happens to weigh enough to let our equations work! Yay!

I mean, come on, doesn't that violate the scientific method? Creating evidence to support the hypothesis? Shouldn't they of changed the hypothesis? The worst part, it's now an extremely popular belief! Most scientists believe in it and they actually teach that crap in schools.
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Originally posted by rhomanski View Post
      You forgot one that's related to electronics. The electronics engineers proved mathematically that you could never have a radio in your car because the tuning capacitor could not be shrunk down small enough. Lear, the man behind the jet, wasn't an engineer and just built one. His first success that bankrolled all his other work.
      I dated an engineer for a very little bit, and I have to say, that was the worst experience in my entire life, ever. She claimed she was some sort of genius but I dunno man. We disagreed on a lot of stuff. We were talking about hypothesis's and she said your job is to create evidence to support your hypothesis. I mean, four year's of college she had and it's like blah! She argued with me over everything! She was freaking nuts!!! I mean honestly, crazily NUTS!!!! She showed me pictures of her house, where she grew up. I felt sorry for her, but she lived in this shack and had cardboard covering the walls and ceilings. She said her mum and her would put it up because it made great insulation.

In all seriousness, if there ever was a person who was evil, this girl was it. I think she's the only real engineer I've ever met, so I'm guessing it was just her and the rest of the engineers are okay, but maybe they're all like that!

Comment

lol i like those crazy chicks and evil female villains! why dont u give me her phone number and i'll check her out and find out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
          lol i like those crazy chicks and evil female villains! why dont u give me her phone number and i'll check her out and find out for you?
          If I knew her number, I'd give it to you, but I think I lack the ability to describe her properly. I don't think I could wish that girl on my worst enemies. There's crazy, and then there's this girl. In all honesty, there was one time in my life where I really contemplated murder. I honestly, for a good 2 minutes, thought about killing her. I knew I'd get caught and that wasn't a problem. I thought very hard about it. I thought would life in prison be worth saving all the people this thing would come in contact with? You know, taking one for the team! Sacrificing my life and freedom so no other person would ever have to go through this.

In the end, I decided against it, but damn, that's the best I can do at describing her. I always refer to her a psycho bitch but I can PM you her real name if you'd like to try and look her up. Last I heard she was doing some time for criminal possession of a controlled substance to the 7th degree (crack cocaine) and something about writing bad checks. I don't know if it was true or just someone trying to put a smile on my face.

She was working at Lockheed once.

When I got my job at DCSI she started crying. At first, I thought it was tears of joy, then she started hitting me and I'm like wtf! She says it's not fair!! I owe over 100,000 in student debt for a 4 year degree and YOU get a good job with no degree at all!!!!

I moved up to DCSI and never told her. I just left. Anyway, I move in with one of the other workers up there, my friend Leigh. I'm sleeping in his guest room. Around the third night or so, I wake up and see this shadow standing over my bed. I start to scream a little, the lights come on, I see it's her and just start screaming like someone was murdering me!!!! Leigh, in the other room, busts out laughing!!! And she says something like it's okay Kenny, it's just me!

I was thinking no shit! Why do you think I'm screaming?!?! And then she says you forget to call me and give me your new address!!! My ex-girlfriend gave her my new address. My ex's brother helped me move up there so he knew it and gave it to his sister when she asked. So, we tried it a bit longer, trying to make it work. Me and her get our own place maybe a week later. It doesn't work out. I end up. And guess what? She doesn't move out! Stays with me!!!! I tried calling the cops but she told them she was living there for over a month. I said that she was lying and we just moved in but they took her word. They said I had to legally get her evicted if I wanted her gone. In the end, I paid her off. She wanted a grand and said she'd move. I said no, 500$. She says 700$ and my tent. I had a nice tent and said fuck it, okay 700$ and a tent. Then, she tells my friends back home that I kicked her to the curb and she was forced to live in the woods in a tent. I told them it was BS. I gave her 700$, that was more than enough to get into a place up in Windsor / Deposit.

I don't know if you really want a girl like that but if you do, I'll PM ya her real name.

Comment

Working...
          X