Dell 2007WFP Constant On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2007WFP Constant On/Off

did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact problem!

Comment

I've the same issue one, and fixed by myself.

1. I've remove all glue circled in the picture.
      2. replace the chip resister code 272 (2.7K, 0603, arrow pointed).

hope this reply could help.

ps. original pictures are from this thread => https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10658
      Attached Files
      | AMD Phenom II X2 550BE | GIGABYTE GA-MA790FXT-UD5P | GeIL DDR3 Ultra 2x2GB 1600C7 |
      | XFX GTS250 DDR3 512MB | Dell H525EF-00 | Lancool PC-K62 Black | Samsung 2232GW |
      | 2xWD7500AYYS | 2xHD322GJ Raid0 |

Comment

Thank you POM_MJ, your solution solve my problem random redémarage of my DELL 2007wfpb.

Comment

Originally posted by POM_MJ View Post
          I've the same issue one, and fixed by myself.

1. I've remove all glue circled in the picture.
          2. replace the chip resister code 272 (2.7K, 0603, arrow pointed).

hope this reply could help.

ps. original pictures are from this thread => https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10658
          Thank you POM_MJ for help, your solution has worked in my case.
          Before, i changed all the capacitors from the power supply board, without any result.

Comment

Like POM mentioned, all i did was remove the glue, over the last 24 hrs monitor has not given me any issues so far. Maybe it's just that glue and over time it heats up around that area and causes monitor to turn off and on repeatedly. Will know more if after a week or month later my monitor does not shut off on its on!

Also it could be the fact that i have not plugged in the USB ports on the side to the board. Figured i do not use the USB ports anyways so might as well not connect them.

Update: Spoke too soon it seems like its dead again, maybe on ebay i will find one with cracked screen and replace various boards and see what happens.
            Last edited by IamPK; 12-01-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Have you got a soldering iron ? It might be worth trying to replace the resistor POM also mentions.

Comment

And another thank you! I removed that microscopic 272 resistor and tied a 4300 and a 7500 ohm resistor together in parallel to get a 2.7k ohm, wrapped in shrink wrap and soldered it in!

The whole thing took a few hours but I learned a lot and it seems that the monitor is working! No more continuous shutdown and restart cycles.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, POM_MJ, as I would have never figured out that tiny resistor on the USB board would be the cause of the cycling issue. I checked, and sure enough the resistor in my monitor was open. Not having another tiny resistor like that, I carefully tacked on a regular striped red-purple-red 2.7K resistor in place of that tiny one and the monitor is working again.

I don't think that the stuff you have to scrape away is glue, as there is nothing there that needs to be held with glue. I am guessing that it is some sort of thermal compound designed to conduct heat away from those resistors, which must be overstressed, so they tried to correct it with the glue-like substance. Maybe that is why this resistor fails. At least now I have a full-size resistor in there now. Thanks again for the tip.

Comment

Thanks POM_MJ, replacing the 272 603 resistor solved the power cycling on my 2007WFP. I was a little worried when I checked the Caps an couldn't find one that was bad that she was headed for the grave yard, but then I found your post!
                    Thanks Again!

Comment

I replaced the resistor mentioned by POM_MJ, and my monitor works perfectly now! I used a 2.7k 5% 1/4W through hole resistor as I didn't have the SMD replacement. Works great!

Comment

Hi guise, I wanted to thank you, my monitor had the same problem it would turn on and off.
                        It ended up being the 2700 ohm resistor. Just for clarity this is the last resister in the row under the white goop.
                        I did have a bit of frustration because I didn’t realize that there were two pages to the Thread, so I thought the fix to the problem was reflowing the section of the power supply board on the first page.
                        I found out this didn’t solve the problem after I reflowed my board.
                        There are a quite a bit of people on the forum who have the same problem but never found this solution.
                        With all that I would have never found the problem without your help.

HOW DID YOU FIND THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?
                        DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO CET SCHEMATICS OF THE MONITOR?
                        Thanks Tony

Comment

Seems like it worked for my 2007FPB too. No problems since 2 days. Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by mariozankl View Post
                            Seems like it worked for my 2007FPB too. No problems since 2 days. Thank you very much!
                            My 2007FPB just begun displaying the same symptoms. I was wondering di you do a cap replacement as well as resistor replacement or did you go straight to the resistor? I have the caps but mine look nice and tight (no bulging or leaking). I hate to mess with a good board if the problem is completely elsewhere.

TIA!

Comment

Hi Guys. I have 2 wfpb monitors like this. Just pulled them apart and yes the chip resistors are bad. My question is this: Can someone post pictures of how they fixed it? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the chip resistor off the board. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

What kind of tools do you have for soldering works? If you do have have to the tools then find repair shop that do component level repair to have them remove and install the new resistor.
                                Never stop learning
                                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Make a blob of solder over all the resistor.
                                  If you don't have flux it's time to have some. It will last for lifetime.
                                  Last edited by Dumah Brazorf; 02-18-2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks. I do have all the tools as I replace caps alot on monitors. I just have never replaced a chip resistor. Watched some videos on youtube and it looks easy enough.
                                    I do have another question though. On one of the 272 resistors I am only getting a reading of 1.97K or so, I assume that this is out of range and still faulty?

Comment

Is it spare resistor or resistor that you measured with it still connected to the board?
                                      You have to remove it and measure it off the board since it is connected to other circuits on the board.
                                      Last edited by budm; 02-18-2018, 06:48 PM.
                                      Never stop learning
                                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                        Is it spare resistor or resistor that you measured with it still connected to the board?
                                        You have to remove it and measure it off the board since it is connected to other circuits on the board.
                                        I removed it from board and it tests 2.65K so I don't think it is the problem. Grrrrrr
                                        Last edited by Lonewolfee1; 02-19-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem. I scraped off the white glue, and when I tested the 272 resistor with my multimeter, it either fails to get a reading, or shows about 16K I don't have a soldering iron at my house so I can't really take it off, and it is super small so I'm not sure if I could even put it back on.

Do I need to replace the resistor?

Comment

Working...
                                          X