Sharp Aquos 52LE830U Panel Layering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos 52LE830U Panel Layering

Hi, I'm hoping I can get some help. I got a Sharp Aquos 52LE830U off of Craigslist that had a dead LED strip and required breaking into the panel to fix (1-1 flash code). I'm a fairly handy amateur, so for $50 I figured I'd take a crack at it. I broke the panel down, pulled the LED strip for the part number, ordered a new one from China, and successfully installed it today. The problem is, in a hurry to tear the thing apart, I didn't take note of the order of diffusers and polarizers when I took them out. Now that I have the panel assembled, the error is taken care of and all the strips are working, but the screen doesn't get full luminosity and you can see the little "pixel" dots (kind of like when looking very closely at a CRT screen). This panel had 6 layers:

-LED screen
    -Acryllic sheet (not sure if dotted side is supposed to be up or down)
    -Diffuser sheet
    -Polarizer (?) sheet
    -Second diffuser sheet
    -White reflective backing

Since Sharp intended to sell this panel (LK520D3G80Z) as a module, I can't find any service manuals for it. I know quite a few members here have been in these Aquo's guts; you guys have been an invaluable resource so far. Can anyone with some experience with these panels help me out?

Re: Sharp Aquos 52LE830U Panel Layering

Looks like you have them backwards. Acrylic sheet should be first. LED screen last. Pixel dots maybe liquid
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I don't know if this helps
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help, you guys. That breakdown schematic might just be the ticket. If I'm reading that right, I think it's showing the acrylic diffuser 2nd to the bottom as dskall described. I'll swap the acrylic and the sheet diffusers tomorrow and see if I can get things in order.

Comment

Little update, slapped it back together in the recommended order and it's looking great. In layman's terms, the order that ended up working for me was:

-LCD
          -Opaque sheet with white liners at top and bottom (DBEF?)
          -Really shiny, sheeny sheet
          -Second opaque sheet
          -Acrylic slab (with dot side facing UP towards LCD)
          -White reflective sheet

Hopefully this can help someone else with the same problem in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X