• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 43UF640V half picture

ok will try that ie wash it, thanks

Comment

ok got another tcon board (used), just fitted it and picture is good, great, NO after about 5 mins picture suddenly went back to same half picture perfect and half picture shaded, this time with a green tint to the faulty side
      could this be the tcon warming up and breaking down, mainboard ? or screen panel ??
      I am stumped on this now

Comment

i wonder if the the chip on the panel ribbon cables is shorting that side of the tcon out?.

Comment

hi vinceroger69 are you referring to a chip on the led panel driver board, did look at that yesterday but did not find any shorts on it, maybe I need to look at it again
          Just took tcon back out reseated ribbons and lvds cable tv came on better picture but not perfect then picture reverted back to green shaded after a few minutes

Comment

there is no chip on the panel ribbon cables

Comment

thinking but may be thinking rubbish, is it possible to send the picture from this tv to another good working tv using say a hdmi cable.
              I am thinking if the second tv shows the same half picture then the fault must be in the mainboard not the tcon or panel

Comment

Originally posted by london-freddie View Post
                there is no chip on the panel ribbon cables
                There is embedded small rectangular IC on each brown flexible cable between the Tab bonding board and the LCD glass panel.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                  There is embedded small rectangular IC on each brown flexible cable between the Tab bonding board and the LCD glass panel.
                  In your opinion budm could a faulty cof cause this issue, as i was only guessing as not sure.

Comment

will check for these ic's but will be next week now before I will get chance to look, however from what I can remember there are no ic's on those ribbons, looking at my pics of the ribbons can not see any ic's, can you ?

Comment

post 4 there usually on those ribbon cables

Comment

"can i connect left side ribbon from the tcon to the right side of the screen to see if right side of screen then works as it should?"
                        NEVER DO THAT!

Chip on ribbons are on the back side... i think is not possible that mainboard can generate a faulty image only at half, this is an issue from tcon-panel, watch on the long panel's boards if there are any chip, usually buffer chips, then try to freeze them when tv ON, with a piece of food from the freezer covered with a cloth to absorb drops.. see if anything changes, don't think but try... you can do some other tests.. on the panel's ffc arrive some color signals, examples R0,1,2,3,4,5-G0,1,2,3,4,5-B0,1,2,3,4,5 they're all the bits for a pixel, if image has a green tint lets imagine that Blue bit 0 makes an unwanted connection to Green bit 5 (most significant byte) then you will have about all pixels with an high green tint, so lets imagine an image without any blue, so try to hook a pc via VGA and with a paint program show an image with all but blue colours, i'm not sure but the bit leak is possible from R5 to G0 so show an image without Red component, if it shows well there's a short somewhere, maybe some dirt on panel's boards due to washing of the screen etc... if doesn't make change there's probably a stuck Green bit always high, maybe due to faulty extern COF or a discrete like a resistor on the panel's pcb faulty... You have to check them for short/open or different tensions from other nears..
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 12-07-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

thanks for that Davi_p will get the screen surround removed again asap, however before I do, last time I looked at the two screen panels long boards I never noticed any embedded ic's on the brown flex's from board to the lcd panel so will check under the ribbons this time.
                          what I did see are many caps and resistors on the panel boards is there any way to test these in situ ie: without removing them from the board, I will also try cleaning flex connections to the panel on the bad side.
                          will post what I find

Comment

ok just spent a couple of hours on this tv, can not see any problems on the two long boards fastened to the lcd panel, cleaned it, no change to picture ie on half perfect one half washed out with a tint to it.
                            then as I now have three tcon boards for this tv I warmed one tcon board up and tried it, result still same split picture but badside was worse virtually unwatchable
                            then put a board in the freezer for 10 15 minutes, result quite a good picture but still half and half
                            then tried the third board which had been in the freezer longer maybe half an hour, result even better picture, still half and half but nearly perfect.
                            using these three tcon boards each seems to give a different picture on the bad side of the screen
                            does that make any sense to anyone

Comment

Try cleaning the two white ribbons from tcon to panel. Also inspect those for burns or damage.
                              Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

no visible damage to ribbons from tcon to panel, I have also cleaned them

Comment

On the panel's board: resistors can be tested without current in, in ohm test, capacitors tested in volt with current in, usually there are only 2-3 voltages, 15v, 6v, 3,3v , if a cap have no tension then is shorted. The behaviour of the boards in freezer is strange, does them makes the same result if them are put in the fridge the same time and made to work?

Comment

Only thought with regard to heat and freezing is a bad BGA soldering on board. Grab a can of freeeze spray and try to pin point the location on the board that seems to make the picture get better. The freezer trick is isolating the whole board as a whole but what you need to do is find out in which location this trick is working.
                                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

ive got the exact same fault with an lg 60uf770v, ive swapped all lvds cables and tcon with no difference at all, ive just found a mainboard so il let you know if that fixes it, also i have all parts for your tv from a broken screen tv if you need to borrow any parts to try (ive got hundreds of broken screen tv's)

Comment

There are no BGA on the tcon..
                                        "(ive got hundreds of broken screen tv's)"
                                        Wow... where do you take them??

Comment

thanks for that daz2206, maybe the screen panel but hoping not, seems strange how i am getting different levels of the fault using different tcon boards, all boards have the same fault of the picture split but one board it is watchable
                                          have since found that when i switch the tv on the bad side of the screen starts up with different tints to the picture, sometimes green, sometimes purple, sometimes blue, and sometimes near perfect picture but still split

Comment

Working...
                                          X