Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iMac 24 PSU LITEON PA-3241-02A1 250W

Thanks mate,

I will buy TO-220, with TO-220 mica, I think that it's sufficient.

Thanks again

Comment

?????

With the ones you showed from ebay, plastic package, no insulator is necessary.

BTW: Be careful there. That is only for 1 piece, not 2 as pictured. I hate when they do that. Tricky bastards!

This is a better deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281410772068

T
      Last edited by Toasty; 07-01-2017, 09:32 AM.
      veritas odium parit

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Hi Toasty

I have been reading through the thread and gaining knowledge on this psu. I think I'm going to replace all the caps. its an imac 24 with the Liteon psu. About three years ago it shut down and began tripping the circuit breaker in the house. I pulled the psu and connected it to the mains power only and tripped the breaker. Last month i tested the transistors and diodes, found them all good. So i ordered a working one on ebay, but tried the psu once more and after all this time, it was working again which was really great, and i canceled my order . it has been working for about a month with light use. Well, last night I got a screen telling me i need to restart, i'm thinking its about to go out of order soon. Would you advise on this?

Comment

Welcome!

Your statement about tripping the house breaker makes me suspicious that there's something wrong with that circuit. The supply would blow its internal fuse long before the house breaker would trip.

Recapping is a good idea. I would leave out the Mains caps and just stick to the others.

Just make sure you don't have a motherboard caps problem.

T
            veritas odium parit

Comment

Thank you very much I found these capacitors in post 81 in this thread. Should I only replace these?

3 - 2200/16 - UCC KY
              1 - 2200/16 - UCC KZH
              2 - 470/50 - MAT FM

What should I do to investigate the circuit where the fuse don't blow?

Comment

I'm talking about a problem with your house electrical circuit, not the power supply.

Yes, those are my general suggestions for caps for this PSU.

T
                veritas odium parit

Comment

Bad inrush NTC could make the breaker trip? Or would that blow the PSU fuse?
                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                  -David VanHorn

Comment

There is no inrush NTC on these, but there is an MOV. It's after the fuse (5A) which would certainly blow before the house circuit breaker (15A ?).

T
                    veritas odium parit

Comment

Yeah house is 20A and actually part of that circuit failed completely. The breaker tested good, but a several wall outlets have no power since.
                      After that I tried another outlet. Seems like the breaker tripped there also, but this is going on three years ago, the PSU was most definate dead.
                      Toasty, I found the UCC caps, but I'm not finding any MATs. Would you point me to them?

Comment

MAT = Matsushita(formerly) = Panasonic

I use the FM series - EEUFM1H471
                        Another choice would be the FR series - EEUFR1H471

Both are 12.5 x 22mm

Whichever is least expensive.

Who are you sourcing the parts from?

Please post the manufacturer's numbers you are ordering for review before ordering.

All should be 12.5mm diameter and 20 to 25mm in height.

T
                        veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by rwing View Post
                          Thank you for the Pin out Sir. Yes the startup section of this psu is burnt. The pin out information you have provided me has now given me the opportunity to test my Logic board and prove that the board is still functional. I have modified an enterprise class power supply to power this logic board. I am typing from this mac logic board retrofit into an ATX Rack Mount Case running Debian 8.0 This system will now take another life with a different function.

P.S. any one need an Early 2009 Imac 24in Screen and Glass front cover. 75bucks for Toasty, 100 bucks for any one else.
                          Old I know but maybe rwing or someone can help, I want to do the same, I have a 2008 iMac 24 inch with dead power supply, can you explain how I can power the motherboard with a different power supply and the model/characteristics of the enterprise power supply you used ?

Let me know.

Thank you.

Comment

Why not just fix the one you have? One of the easier ones as no caps are buried under a heatsink.

T
                            veritas odium parit

Comment

Hi,
                              i have a PA-3241-02a1 liteon power supply from a Imac opened by another tecnician.
                              i see first led green with AC, and when i press power button 2 led become green for a while then turn off....fan move a bit and see a very little smoke from power.
                              I'm not particulary expert what i can check ?
                              1 time power on with all fan moving but no video and no Apple chime sound so i think post doesn't work.

Comment

Being inexperienced, I would replace the power supply. Because of the smoke you saw, don't even bother attempting to fix it.

The other technician apparently screwed something up.

T
                                veritas odium parit

Comment

i have replaced power supply with a new one.
                                  try to power up and nothing again.....just 1 green led, 2 led power on for a while , 3 and 4 off.

Can be an issue on logical board?what i have to check on it? some fuse , or other components?
                                  initially this imac has an issue on graphic card (some artefacts when too hot for dust , bad thermoconduttive on cpu, never power down) .

No power can be dued i'm trying to turn on without frontal cover?
                                  Please help.
                                  Thanks in advance
                                  Bye
                                  Last edited by twingolover; 11-08-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

If the cover is on or off will make no difference. It will work.

What is the Apple model number of the iMac?

Here: https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Can you provide some clear photos from different angles of the logic board and the whole unit from the back?

T
                                    veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                                      If the cover is on or off will make no difference. It will work.

What is the Apple model number of the iMac?

Here: https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Can you provide some clear photos from different angles of the logic board and the whole unit from the back?

T
                                      Thanks for helping me....
                                      here are photos

https://ibb.co/fia87b
                                      https://ibb.co/dohc0w
                                      https://ibb.co/f1BsYG
                                      https://ibb.co/cEWsYG
                                      https://ibb.co/fetvnb
                                      https://ibb.co/hop1Sb
                                      https://ibb.co/nzmRtG

may help reflowing components?

Comment

You said: "initially this imac has an issue on graphic card "

Was the graphic card replaced?

You might have to do that. Especially if it overheated.

These problems started with the graphics card, yes?

T
                                        veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                                          You said: "initially this imac has an issue on graphic card "

Was the graphic card replaced?

You might have to do that. Especially if it overheated.

These problems started with the graphics card, yes?

T
                                          initially imac have issue with artefacts.
                                          No GPU wasn't replaced
                                          Power make smoke on startup.....so i try to replace it assuming was a power issue.
                                          so only 1 led can be the issue on GPU?

Comment

Working...
                                          X