This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,i'm new here I am a retired tv tech and just for fun I started buying and selling tv's

Comment

Hi, i'm a retired tv tech and as a hobbie I started buying and selling TV's,but the new flat screen TV's are hard to get info on so I thought I would seek you'alls help

Comment

Greetings to all! Happy to be apart of the community now and hopefully get some help with the TV issues I have been having.

Thanks again,

Michael

Comment

Hello to all! My name is Ben and I have landed on this forum to attain knowledge I don't currently have. I am a die hard DIY guy. I am a locksmith by trade but I have always thought that if someone else can do something, than so can I. I have very limited electronics experience but I hope I can change that here.

Thanks and greetings to all here. I hope this is a nice community

Comment

Greetings all. DaleM here.

Please get used to my typos now, as I do plenty. I can spell just about anything but necessisary, but my fingers often get ahead of thoughts going to the keyboard.

I pretty much do anything, from engine rebuilds (including Mazda RX4 rotaries), tranny rebuilds, electrical, plumbing, PLC and HMI programming, industrial controls, build/repair puters, data/HDD recovery, aviate, you name it. (Almost) As much as I like technology and digging into everything, I hate new cars. Gave up engines and trannys, cars in general when friends started showing up with their check engine light. Currently wiring my electric motorcycle. (A Trimuter)

I'm having issues with a Panny plasma curb find and have looked in here a number times in last month or so. With about $80 now into boards, I will likely be asking advice later.

Thank you all in advance,
            Dale

Comment

Hi all. I am Dioner from Venezuela. Student of Electrical Engineering, came here hoping to get some help so I can fix my dead TOSHIBA led TV

Comment

Hello everyone! I've joined to try and get some help repairing a dehumidifier that I'm pretty sure has a bad compressor start / run capacitor. These things are like $300 so if I can fix it for less I'd be stoked!

Comment

Hi all - new on here and fairly new to the TV fixing world. It all started with a 47LN5400 LG LED TV I found on the side of the road, and with YouTube, was able to determine an LED backlighting issue and successfully fix. From then on, I had the itch to attempt to fix other TV's...but I'm not the most electronically inclined...I use more of an educated guessing type system from a diagnostics standpoint which leaves me baffled from time to time (as you might expect lol). . I have a few TV's I'm troubleshooting right now and am a bit stuck, so hoping for some potential assistance down the line if necessary. I've certainly referenced a few threads from here in the past, and it's been quite helpful...and I also appreciate what I see in terms of other members helping each other out, so I decided it was time to become part of the community... help where I can based on my experiences thus far, and also call on some of your expertises from time to time. Looking forward to chatting
                  Tim

Comment

Hi i am George2 and the reason i joint this forum is that i found here some schematics for my TV. I don't like to sign up for every forum, but in this case it was helpfull. I repaired my samsung LE40B650, but after that it did not wake up out of standby. So i wanted the schematics. I will try to find the topic and explain what the problem was.
                    Keep on this good forum, and thanks!

Comment

Hello, Physics/Computer Science student here

Comment

Hello there, from Palazzolo Acreide - I'm the founder of "Museo dell'Informatica Funzionante", a Computer Museum here in Italy. We deal A LOT with bad caps!

p.s. http://museum.freaknet.org for more details

Comment

hi there,just to say hello and hope to contribute to this site as well as helping me,many thx.

Comment

Hello, Just saying hi. I have been in the electronics field for almost 30 years. I started off as a radar technician in the Air Force, and now I work for the FAA and DJ part time.

Comment

Hello! My name is LAR and I'm from Chihuahua, Mexico. Specialized in computers and tablets, but I'm looking to gete into the TV repair bussiness. Hope to find good useful information on your site.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone. Chad here in north east Texas. I joined up to say thank you to the guys who posted solutions to Polaroid TDA-03211c power supply problems. Bad caps weren't my only problem, there was a bad fuse and two bad transistors that i would not have figured out if i hadn't read through the posts. I've lurked before to gather other information but I had to jump in now.

Comment

Hi guys new to this forum. My name is samantha married 3 lovely children, love electronics, love messing around with computers and tvs. I see alot of people on here are very knowledgeable and wont mind picking peoples brain and learn a few things. Want to know anything else send me a message.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is QUAN and I'm from Seoul, Korea.

Comment

Hi guys, i'm Nicola and i'm from Italy.

Comment

Hi folks... names John... audio engineer and computer guy from Glasgow originally, but now living in sunny Switzerland. been lurking for a while gaining knowledge, so thought i should join up and say hallo.

Comment

I'm here to try to fix my Samsung PL51D550 / PN51D550 TV that just blow away while my mother is watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X