• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New member. Troubleshooting TV problem.

Comment

Hi there, new member stumbled upon this site troubleshooting a failing Samsung 226BW.

Comment

Hi everyone! I've joined a few forums after deciding to jump into learning component level repairs due to my MacBook Air dying randomly and having no interest in paying for apple to replace the logic board.

My qualification is telecommunications but I have knowledge in programming, electronics (I've soldered and fixed circuits before but never SMD and never anything this complex), those two obviously come together with some arduino stuff, and I'm pretty knowledgeable with most things technology related.

Of course this is my one post to get started, but I hope to be able to contribute at some point very soon, once I've learned and tinkered some more!

Comment

Olá à todos!
          Trabalho com informática à quase 10 anos e agora sou iniciante na área de reparação em circuitos eletrônicos.
          Espero poder aprender um pouco com os mais experientes daqui e também contribuir com o pouco que sei.
          Um grande abraço à todos!

Comment

Just found out about this site, while trying to fix my TV. I'm a computer Geek, not to mention an all around geek. Background in Electronics, Robotics, and mostly computers. First learned computers in High School on Radio Shack TRS-80, with tape recorder for storage, and I think it had 12K or memory. Having been fixing electrical and electronic items on the side for 40+ years.

Comment

Hello! I was requested to post in here so I can start a thread on a subject I can't find info on within the forums

Comment

hi im Nick, i joined this site because today i bought a chinese tube amp from someone here in the us... and i saw alot of posts about bad or fake capacitors, and wanted to get some input as to the capacitors used in this amp, i havent recieved it yet, still shipping but seller had a photo of the electronics which isnt super clear, anyways any input would be greatly appreciated. tha k you guys! and possibly gals....😀 i dont know anything about electronics except theres alot of fake stuff coming from china and was a bit worried....ill update pic when i get it with high res....amp is a danyun audio model 6 uses 2a3b tubes...
                Attached Files

Comment

Been referring to this Forum for a few years now and just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the contributors. Hope to add a few helps myself from time to time.
                  The name is Ben Hill, I started work as a City and Guilds Technician (Radio and TV) for the long gone Civic Stores High Street shop chain. Anyone remember the Harry Worth TV ad and the conga chant "Let's all go to Civic!"?
                  Tellys then, for me to mend, Baird 3000/2000, Eurosonic (The French Emo), Ferguson B&W dual standard, Philips G6, GEC, Cossor and many more that I won't bore you with now.
                  Anyhow, that'll do for now. I'll be posting about my findings on the LG 42LE4500 and the intermittent backlight problem. Hope to be my first useful contribution.

Comment

Hi! Thanks for the welcom.I like fixing anything to do with electroincs,I liked digging up in it when i was a kid, it's a hobby.

Comment

Hello ! happy to be a member

Comment

Hi everybody! I ended up here thanks to the youtuber tampatec as I'm trying to repare a tv. Let's go for it!!!

Comment

Hi everyone My name is John. I'm a beginner in electronic repairs , I have a low level of knowledge which bring me to this forum

Thaks you all in advance for the help and knowledge I'll find here and for every valuable post

Comment

Hi, just joined to be able to see some images of screendumps. Boring IT guy. I'll try to post any pics I have of repairs my minions work on

Comment

Hi, I just joined to get some pointers on how to fix my Westinghouse DW39F1Y1 with no backlight/picture. Thanks for being here!

-Aaron

Comment

Dropping in to say hello. I will be posting within the next 24 hours to try to get a television straightened out. Great forum btw! Can't wait to learn!

Comment

hi..newbie here from malaysia

Comment

Hi My name is James, I work in computer retail. This site is just what we need

Comment

My name is Jake and I am retired Air Force crew chief and currently in school at Pensacola State for Electronics Engineering Technology

Comment

Hi everyone my name is Cristian, Im a IT technician.

Comment

Hi folks... Grey here. Just starting to dabble in electronics. This seems like a great forum to help me in my learning, and hopefully, repairing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X