HP 2509M Monitor - no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 2509M Monitor - no display

ccflwarehouse.com also carries a complete line of parts.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
      ccflwarehouse.com also carries a complete line of parts.
      They also have "Bargains" if you hit lucky on ebay - this is an example.
      Company is Plazmo Industries
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLOW-OUT-SAL...item3caff167a4
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Ok, I have decided to replace the broken tube and resurect this poor hp monitor. The tubes are 569.9125mm from glass end to glass end. As best as I can tell the diameter is 3mm. I dont think a direct replacement is available as I dont see anything near 569/570mm in length for a tube.

At ccflwarehouse closest I get and not overshooting is 535mm. This would leave 3/4 inch short on each side.

They show a diameter of 2.6 with a length of 565. Now thats only 4mm short. Is the diameter going to make that much difference in brightness or whatever?

I would hate to think I have to have these custom made. I have never ordered tubes before so I lack the experience in replacing them. Any help is appreciated here.
        Last edited by northpoint; 12-18-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: 3.0 or 2.6 ?

Comment

I think that your questions would be better answered by ccflwarehouse. Other members have reported they are very helpful and are better qualified at answering your questions.

Comment

I have used the following e-Bay auction and in the payment, put the information that they request and list the actual LENGTH and DIAMETER of the ccfl that you want to replace (3.0mm x 570mm). I usually order 2, just in case I break one (I haven't yet) because the shipping for the second one is free. $13 for 1 ccfl and $21 for 2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-High-Qua...item3a51786c85

Comment

Thank you for the ccfl tube recommendation. Im going to get something ordered up today. Need to get this monitor completed.

I certainly understand ordering 2 tubes. Im sure it was I that broke the tube in this monitor by accident. Really got upset and had to leave the shop for awhile to cool off

Saw one of these 2509m monitors for sale on ebay for parts. They were asking around 65 bucks for it. Because of the size I was thinking this would be a shipping nightmare.?

Thanks again,

Northpoint

Comment

Ordered in two 2.6mm x 565mm tubes and 8 endcaps. In talking to them its more important to get as close to the diameter of the tube then the size. I have also read to try and stay about 5mm within the size of the tube but not going over the original size.

As soon as I can get these (nebraska ---> Indiana) from ccflwharehouse.com I can finish the repair and be done with it.

Thanks again for all the advice from everyone. This certainly made a great beginner project for repairing monitors. Since the monitor is somewhat expensive it was worth the money. I see they sell for about 225.oo or so.

Northpoint

Comment

ccflwarehouse.com also sells them pre-harnessed in addition to bare lamps. Pre-harnessed is more expensive, but easier to install.
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Did you ever get this working? i have one, but don't wont to spend the time and money if it never got working, i see this is a hugely common issue with these monitors.

Thanks

Comment

I was able to repair the power board but buying and trying to install the tubes was a bear. I learned that its best to just send the tubes in and have a place do it for you.

The monitor is not working as I couldnt find the right length tubes to put in it. So, I do have a working screen (minus the tubes), working power board and such.

I think that you can get it working but send in the light tubes plus assemblies and have a company do the repair on them so you can get them back and just install them.

Best of luck,

Northpoint

Comment

My screen no longer has power as of today. I took it apart which was a pain. Tested the mosfet. It test bad. FDB6030L Im trying to find this part where did you buy it at? Also whats the part number on the diode you changed.

Comment

Working...
                        X