New Aoyue 852, experiances / opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Aoyue 852, experiances / opinions ?

I am close to make my mind about getting the new Aoyue 852 hot air station.

While the station looks to have quality regarding noise when operating, and also features like auto cool-off.

I do like to read opinions from people who actually own it.

What I am interested to find out is if the air flow looks stable and powerful enough to you? (regarding extraction of capacitors from VGA & MB)

Re: New Aoyue 852, experiances / opinions ?

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
    I am close to make my mind about getting the new Aoyue 852 hot air station.

While the station looks to have quality regarding noise when operating, and also features like auto cool-off.

I do like to read opinions from people who actually own it.

What I am interested to find out is if the air flow looks stable and powerful enough to you? (regarding extraction of capacitors from VGA & MB)
    have you got this station yet?

was thinking of getting this one myself,somthing is putting me off though...availabuility of spare parts,the only thing i can find from ebay is the heating element,which is £17xx from germany,and also the earthing situation ive read on other brands of station,something that can be modded though.

im not a great fan of having to mod something to make it safe in test/soldering equipment,i like to be satisfied that the gear is safe and reliable.
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Woah wait a sec....
      The Great "Money is no object, everyone must have exceptional quality test gear" Kiriakos, wants to buy a cheap Chinese hot air station?

What is the world coming to?
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
        Woah wait a sec....
        The Great "Money is no object, everyone must have exceptional quality test gear" Kiriakos, wants to buy a cheap Chinese hot air station?

oh my gosh

Comment

I thought the same thing as smason, but I held my tongue so as to not seem I have something personal with Kiriakos.

Anyway, if it matters, I have the atten 852d+ hot air 'station' ... it works fine for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
            I thought the same thing as smason, but I held my tongue so as to not seem I have something personal with Kiriakos.

I DID put a smiley in there.
            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
              Woah wait a sec....

I bet my socks that your Buy-Now button on eBay is full of rust.
              Chinese products and their prices goes up & up daily.

To all :

Price point never bother me as key factor for buying a tool.
              Best choice is the one which survives daily work load with out collapsing.
              Regarding such hot air tools, they belong to my list of tools for occasional use, and so there is no need to aim for a work horse like Weller.

Personally I am in one dilemma, there is a next corner shop which offer one identical model from another maker (plus tested regarding performance) for 140EUR with a year warranty.
              It looks like the ATTEN 850D and comes with out the bubble indicator (air pressure).

And there is also the Aoyue 852 from Germany, at about 105 EUR shipped,
              but if something goes wrong I would had to shipped it back to Germany and pay allot more just for that.

A close local friend of my owns this ATTEN looking 850D which comes re branded from Local Greek retailer and so the brand name has no value as information.

Either way the key point in all those is the true performance of the pump in them.
              Identical product came with malfunctioning pump which was delivering much less air pressure.

The models with bubble indicator (air pressure) makes easy to see if your pump performs as it should.
              In contrast the models with out such pressure indicator it looks like a lotto if they do deliver what they are promising.

And so I am comming back to my original question,
              that is did you find the Aoyue 852 as true performer ? ( Even if it does have a air preasure bubble)
              Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 05-24-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hi
                Am having issues with my atten 852d It display H-E and its not producing hot air the maximum temperature is 3.
                What do i do?

Comment

first meter the heater element incase it's open-circuit.
                  they often include spares with the stations - so that makes me suspicious.

Comment

I wonder if I should get spare heating elements for both the iron and the hot air... though I have a clone of a clone noname 898D+...

On the other hand, have people had hair driers and paint stripper heat guns break on them?

Comment

it probably depends how hot you run it and how many hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                        I wonder if I should get spare heating elements for both the iron and the hot air... though I have a clone of a clone noname 898D+...
                        My first cheapo ZD-939B hot air station's heater failed after 4 years. I have bought a new one, and there is a difference in this version, it does not allow you to set the airflow as low as the old one. I've had this one for over 3 years and it hasn't failed yet.

So i think you should only get spares for the iron.
                        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

So far I've had both my through hole rework station's heating elements burn out on me, so I'm a bit worried about downtime if my hot air station's elements burn out unexpectedly, or wait until I can find them at a good price.

Comment

To prevent your heating elements from burning up, always start with the lowest possible heat setting and turn up the heat slowly from there. I've noticed that many of these stations will run the element until it glows bright yellow if you crank the heat up to a high temperature right away. But if you turn up the heat 10-20C every few moments while waiting for the element to heat up, it will get up to temperature without glowing brightly like that (unless you really turn down the air and your heat setting is too high).

That said, I have the 230V version of the KADA 852D+, but with a 120V US plug (came like that from the factory, LOL ) So even when I crank mine to the max, the heating element just glows orange at worst. I've been using it since 2012. Did a lot of chip reballs with it back then.
                            Last edited by momaka; 02-23-2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah, someone actually reprogrammed their hot air station to be PID controlled. All the instructions, hardware and code are out there to do it if you have the time. This hasn't made it onto my list of projects though.

Comment

Nearly all of my soldering tools consist of second hand Pace, I use a Hakko FR802 for my larger smd rework and a pace thermojet for smaller smd rework. I have a couple of elements for the hakko just in case. I did consider for a while Aoyue 852 but was not able to find enough information about it and how well it performed.

Comment

I have the yihua 852d++ and so far so good,been using it for around a yr now. only thing I fuss about is the display is in c not f and a week after I bought mine they had a switch to change from c to f. daily use no but sometimes 2 or 3 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                    My first cheapo ZD-939B hot air station's heater failed after 4 years. I have bought a new one, and there is a difference in this version, it does not allow you to set the airflow as low as the old one. I've had this one for over 3 years and it hasn't failed yet.

So i think you should only get spares for the iron.
                                    I have one there hot air gun what do not like about there set up is there is no cool down mode

I have put a cool down mode on the unit that I have
                                    9 PC LCD Monitor
                                    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                                    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                                    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                                    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                                    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                                    1 Dell Mother Board
                                    15 Computer Power Supply
                                    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                                    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                                    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
                                    X