Dell E153FPB Back Light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E153FPB Back Light problem

Is that (4th) pin, the yellow one, supposed to be 0v?

Comment

Jschiefer, Did you try a different vga cable?

EDIT: Sorry, I just reread your post where you said you tried a different cable and source. My Bad

Ray
      Last edited by paslug; 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jschiefer View Post
        Is that (4th) pin, the yellow one, supposed to be 0v?
        I don't know. The legend is obscured in the picture.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I'll try another cable. I'll grab a new one from work. Maybe I have two bad ones and my other source isn't as sensative. I'll take a better picture of the molecular connector later.

Comment

I'll try another cable.
            That reminds me of another thread. Try to get a quality thick shielded cable. One person has those cheap thin cables and when he replaced it, the problem went away. Unfortunately, I don't remember which thread it was or what the original symptoms were.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Well I hate to admit this but I guess it will be good for the forum. The problem was the cable. I tried a brand new one and it works fine now. I tried the old one on another set up and it is fine too. I guess this monitor is just a little more sensitive than others. (and I have two "bad" cables).

Thanks for all your help.
              Last edited by jschiefer; 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM. Reason: Bad cables

Comment

The problem was the cable.
                Glad it was an easy fix.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by brianh View Post
                  Ahhh - finally I've found the problem!!!!

After a lot of trial and error I have the CCFL lamps back on!

I won't keep you in suspense any longer... The problem was a blown fuse!

No... not the big white one, it was a little black one labeled PF751 (see previously posted photo if you're interested - it's on the right side and looks more like a rectifier diode).

I can read the letters "MS 2A" on it - so I guess that means that it's a 2 amp fuse. Someone else posted a schematic for a similar Diamond View monitor, which shows a 3 amp fuse. (ref: Inverter Schematic )

I've jumpered the fuse with an extremely fine strand of wire, and the CCFL now comes on. I'm giving it a burn-in-test right now. So far 1/2 hour and all is well.

I am, however, not willing to call it "fixed" yet - after all... Why did the fuse blow in the first place?

Sure... I plan on putting in a proper fuse, but I don't want to re-assemble it and have it blow another fuse (or worse) in a day or two.

But hey... after way too many hours on this project - at least I've got something positive!

Any thoughts?
                  Thanks man , you save me
                  i was thinking about buy another monitor

Comment

can i replace fu9024n with c5707's

Comment

Originally posted by larry256 View Post
                      can i replace fu9024n with c5707's
                      NO, the FU is a P channel mosfet,you could use 2SJ598,FQU11P06,BUT NOT the 5707's

Comment

thanks for this post i tried it and it works

Comment

Originally posted by bcstedt View Post
                          Repair kit arrived yesterday and after re-soldering all four Xformers (bent the leads out for better electrical / mechanical connection) and replacing two c5707 Xsistors it is back up and running. Will burn it in for a day, but so far so good.
                          Just wanted to say that everything is still working fine since the fix. Thanks again for the support!

Comment

Anyone having issues with this model should try adjusting the pot on the back of the panel. All fuses, caps, xr's all tested good for me so I tried adjusting the pot and sure enough I went from a screen that would turn on for a moment then go black to a monitor with a screen that stays on. Remember small turns on the pot and I recommend doing it while powered up so you can see changes live.

Comment

Working...
                            X