Antec True330 P/S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Antec True330 P/S

i corrected that bad typo as requested by AKOR. no sense in associating a great supplier with that crap cos of a typo
    Last edited by willawake; 09-25-2005, 03:12 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

OOPS my bad

Comment

Still haven't been able to complete the repair, waiting on a back order from Digikey.
        You chose ... poorly. Digikey provides available quantity of each part when selecting for order. You could also have picked a higher capacitance and/or voltage rating that would fit the available space and was in stock, and have your recap done.
        I did get the 1000 uf 10V Rubycon caps in from Computekinc and while in the mood to solder, replaced the same on 2 other PS's (Allied and Aspire). Both of these supplies were loaded with capxon's, fuuyou's and g-luxons. I now notice the +5v in the bios is stable as a rock!
        Isn't it amazing how much better things operate with quality parts? Now you're seeing it the way the designer intended for it to operate.
        Is it a safe assumption that the 10v caps are used in the 5v circuit?
        No. The only thing you know for sure is that they *aren't* in the 12v part of the circuitry. For economies of scale, PC board manufacturers often use 10v parts on anything 5v and below (3.3v, 2.5v, Vcore, etc.).
        Also noticed the DVD drive now auto runs straight off without having to run the tray door a few times. I dunno if any of this is related to recapping BUT, I'm really happy with the results so far even if it may just be pure conjecture
        Absolutely, it's related to the recapping work you've done. All consumer electronics are designed based on certain principles, one of the most fundamental being that the supply voltages are the specified value, with any ripple being within a certain value. Use of inferior parts negates that basic assumption, with the result that the consumer gets junk, and wonders why it doesn't function as expected. As mentioned before, now you're seeing it work closer to the way it was intended.

Comment

Originally posted by AK0R
          You chose ... poorly. Digikey provides available quantity of each part when selecting for order. You could also have picked a higher capacitance and/or voltage rating that would fit the available space and was in stock, and have your recap done.
          Yes, no doubt. I really wanted the Panasonic FM series as they have good specs. I don't mind waiting a few more weeks for the proper parts.

Originally posted by AK0R
          Isn't it amazing how much better things operate with quality parts? Now you're seeing it the way the designer intended for it to operate..
          Yep, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Finally received the back order caps last week. Everything looked fine but still no power. AC power wasn't getting past the daughter board by the power socket. It ends up solder melted off 1 leg of the transformer on the daughter board (probably the "pop" I heard when plugging it in). Resoldered and it's running perfectly . It took a bit of time but well worth the effort. It's replaced the cheap Rhycom PS pictured in another post.

Comment

Working...
            X