TAICON Capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TAICON Capacitors?

oic. but somehow i am still a little worried about my current biostar socket 478 board. it is armed with HMs and KZGs on the VRMs. the rest of the board is armed with OST RLPs and the super-small RLGs without vents. 2 chemicon polymers are located near the AGP slot though.

currently using at silverstone ST400 psu, with 2x 12cm fans, 1 intake and 1 exhaust. the psu fan (also 12cm) also act as exhaust fan. cpu is a pentium 4 2.8GHz northwood.

not sure how long this system can last. but so far still so good.

Comment

Armed is a good word for a ticking bomb.
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Not to dredge up an old thread (mods you can kill my comment if you like) but I have 5 or 6 Netgear FSM7326P POE network switches with the 12mm x 8mm 6.3v 1000uf taicon caps that are green in color and every one is bulging.

Comment

Had a bunch of ASRock K7VT4A+ Socket A boards (Via KT400 chipset).
          all the 6.3V 1000uF caps were those ugly green Taicon HD's..

one of those boards was my own one from around 2004 or 2005.. got replaced by a P4 2.6GHz box because it became kinda unstable. i put it back in the box and forgot about it.

got a couple of those in for recapping and remembered that i had that very same board and went searching for it.
          found it buried in the basement, opened the box and found every single one of those Taicons had popped..

i know that none of them was visibly bad back then (otherwise i would have had a clue why it was becoming unstable), so in conclusion, they must have all popped just from sitting around unused for years..

Comment

Does anyone have an OLD part numbering guide for Taicon capacitors? Old like from the nineties? I "think" they changed their part numbering system at some point. I have some parts from 2004 with an 18 digit part number which is the same part number guide I can find on their website now, so not what I'm looking for. I found an old datasheet online for the VX series but it doesn't give part # breakdowns. I think maybe they tried to use a similar Nichicon part # system at some point which is just confusing, as a TVX prefix in Taicon is radial lead while TVX in Nichicon is axial lead. I've looked online, hoping someone here has a copy laying around or knows where to find one. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X