This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am here because of shoddy quality! Haier! Anyway - this is a great resource and I am looking forward to seeing if I can fix this thing.

Comment

Hello there, Have electronic and drafting degrees from 1974 back when the first computers were HUGE and took up the whole room, Built and had multiple computers over the years, worked 40 year for Railroad communications. On this forum to find info on repairing my GateWay 22in, HD2200 monitor, comes on for 2 second and then black, replaced all caps, that were not bulged, still looking for the trouble. and searching these forums for all of your knowledge, thanks Dan

Comment

Hello all, My name is Rob and I am 37yo from Melbourne Australia..
        I am new to electronics and really don't know what I am doing... But I really really want to learn, I find it very interesting and really want to get my head around it all.
        I have some projects sitting in my workshop that I will need help with so I will start posting question as soon as I get around this site...
        All the best.

Comment

Looks like lot of people have similar issue that I had-- TV/Monitor turns on for a few seconds and then black. I was just googling Philips 42PFL7422D/37 backlight failure and saw link to these forums. I am actually a hobbyist who repairs old Atari/Amiga/PC computers but recently acquired a bunch of LCD monitors (old and new) to use for computers and as TVs but ran into some Power/Backlight related issues especially with the Philips TVs so searching around to help narrow down the problem so I don't have to buy every single part and try them out given some of these parts cost more than the entire LCD monitor.
          Everything, including my Philips TVs, are subject to birth, disease, old age, and finally death.

Comment

I'm late to the game regarding recapping the GX270 & GX280 and need some help on mobo disassembly. Looking forward to the process of getting to know people here.

Comment

Hello, I’m Mario from PDX. I have some electronics experience including a degree from ITT from the time when Windows 98 was in service, turn of the century. In the past few years I have not been around electronics. I’m trying to get back into it and this forum seems to be the way to go.

Comment

I'm a foxy nana at 52 ,lives in the beautiful foothills married and full of energy.

:

Comment

Hello from Portugal!

My name is Daniel and i am a Computer Repair Technician.

This forum is awesome!!

Greetings to everyone!

Comment

Howdy, I'm Brian from Olathe, KS. I'm a software and web developer that's been wanting to get into experimenting with electronics for a while. My Samsung 245BW recently went black, and I found this forum while searching for repair info. I've already taken the monitor apart and just need to get the right tools and components to take the next steps. Looking forward to learning more from y'all!

Comment

Hi guys mi from Guatemala and just found out that a couple do tvs así own, just stop working correctly, so I need your expert avise!

Comment

Hi All
                        I have worked with computers and components for a long while and was once the go to guy for vero board projects, ah those salad days. Now i am retired i am rekindling my skills. I have repaired some big telly's recently and all to a man have bad capacitors, even the panasoncs arent immune. I am now looking at smd rework and reballing as i have a dead mac book pro. The cost of a repair is probably the cost of buying the kit and doing the repair myself, so i will be taking the plunge when old lady says yes.
                        I like the look of the aoyue 2703a and a prehaeater so this is where i will go. Any comments for a UK purchase would be welcome.

Comment

Hi ,Im mark from cornwall (uk) im a cnc engineer and just love taking things apart and (trying) to fix them ,,

Comment

Hello, My name is Allex.

Comment

hi

Comment

My name is Kenneth, I'm a software engineering major, but am also very interested in the electrical engineering side of things, hoping to learn a lot in this forum

Comment

My name is Chris, and I dabble in electronic repair. I have fixed quite a few things in the years, without much in depth knowledge. I can tell if something is obviously bad. My soldering skills are pretty good.

Comment

Hi to all,

Im Mike
                                    From Kenmore... ... ... or Mississauga Ontario Canada

Im a mechanic, but am currently employed building and fixing compact touch screen solutions (think car headrest dvd player but with touch ability).

I fix TVs in my spare time and thoroughly enjoy making Frankenstein electronics, mostly because I am cheep.

Ive read posts here before to help me trouble shoot and decided it was time to join.

Comment

Hi,
                                      I'm Tppc I studied electronics but work on Industrial software applications developpment.

I live in FRANCE.

Comment

Hi,
                                        I'm GooSkinBaldi. I have a computer science degree but know very little about the hardware repair side of things. I can reduce a circuit to a series of only NAND gates and can troubleshoot which hardware components of a computer may be failing but I know nothing in between. I joined this forum to help fill in some of these gaps and to help troubleshoot my 2 1/2 year old failing LED TV.

Comment

Hello, I'm here trying to fix a laptop. I think I'll stick around. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X