No announcement yet.

WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

here is a pic of the burn

Attached Files

Comment

thats at b101

Comment

Originally posted by testas86 View Post
        thats at b101
        Pic is out of focus. Take your board to a window on a sunny day. Turn off flash and enable macro mode.

Again, you don't have to put the pic inline.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hey dudes - I don't mean to hijack, but I actually have the same thing going on with the same board...and here I was thinking that no-one else was having issues with these (after searching high and low!)...

I'm a noob to LCD repair but know my way around basic electronics for the most part. I started a thread since a search for my inverter board and model number came up with nothing. (I am going to include it here right now so it gets indexed by searches in the future and people can find this!: Darfon B092-XXX ) What are the chances of two people having the same board going in the same forum at once? o.O

Anywhos, I did go ahead and check the stuff that Testas checked - the diode pair packages on the heatsinks...my readings show they're okay...transistors are okay, etc. I have heat marks around that under-board FET, so I checked that as per the instructions in this thread - everything checks out.

However, unlike Testas' problem, I did the flashlight test before trying to fix it and there IS a picture after the backlights drop out. So, I guess we must have a different problem.

I am going to swap out the last CapXon cap, read my transformers and report back, in the meantime. Here is my thread if you'd like to see the pictures I posted:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...568#post120568

Comment

Here is a better pic of the burn on the logic board sorry for the delay
            Attached Files

Comment

hi all .........
              I need the u201 IC name on the darfon B092-xxx board . its broken on my monitor and the surface of the IC smashed pls help I cant find the schematic any where
              thx .....

Comment

Originally posted by testas86 View Post
                I need the u201 name please ....

Comment

Originally posted by goldenmask View Post
                  I need the u201 name please ....
                  Can you see any parts of the name on it? Any numbers or letters at all?
                  All I can tell you is that this IC is likely the PWM controller for the primary side. Probably something similar to UC3842.

Sorry I can't be of more help - I don't have this monitor or PSU.

Comment

On the Westinghouse TVs I would also verify that the all the connector pins are actually soldered down to the board.

Comment

Working...
                    X