Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel D865GLC desktop board. no power-on without cards installed

Hello i have 2 D865GLC boards which i tested on my bench,
    but on YouTube and the web i find movie where this board is started in native setup (just cpu.mem,psu)
    connected to the onboard.

on both my boards i need to install a pci card otherwise the cpu fans will stop af 2 seconds spinning.

all my caps look ok, and both boards don t give
    any error or other (boot) problem, but only with a pci card installed.

what are my boards different from other boards??
    curious to responses..
    thanks
    Last edited by charlyd; 07-07-2022, 02:20 PM.

Re: Intel D865GLC desktop board. no power-on without cards installed

does this problem has todo with motherboard caps?
    despite that the board boot ok without problem into windows with a pci card installed?

but with no card cpu spins shortly and that is where the process ends. no post , no picture , no poweron

Who has seen this behaviour more?
    Last edited by charlyd; 07-08-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlyd View Post
      does this problem has todo with motherboard caps?
      despite that the board boot ok without problem into windows with a pci card installed?

but with no card cpu spins shortly and that is where the process ends. no post , no picture , no poweron

Who has seen this behaviour more?
      what sort of PCI card do you mean, a graphics card
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes, see more here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...-av-bios-file/
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Seems to possibly be a BIOS issue, are you running the latest BIOS?
          I attached the full BIOS changelog for all BIOS versions up to the latest P25.

BIOS Version P13-0053 (Production 13, build 0053):
          Fixed issue where system would not complete POST if no videocard is plugged in and a LAN card present.
          Attached Files
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
            I read it then got sidetracked looking at used scopes on ebay
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Seems to possibly be a BIOS issue, are you running the latest BIOS?
              I attached the full BIOS changelog for all BIOS versions up to the latest P25.
              Does all the old scopes with standard retail motherboards have a customised bios

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                I read it then got sidetracked looking at used scopes on ebay
                Yes this is the danger of browsing eevblog too much, wait till you get drawn into the TEA thread!!!
                Does all the old scopes with standard retail motherboards have a customised bios
                No, most just use a custom splash screen and that's it, see an example here:
                https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...oscope-repair/

Comment

what sort of PCI card do you mean, a graphics card
                  @SMDflea, yes i installed a S3 trio card but i also get a picture on the onboard vga connector. But it just will not poweron without cards installed ? cpu fan en psu fan spin for 2 seconds and them nothing...

Comment

Yes this is the danger of browsing eevblog too much, wait till you get drawn into the TEA thread!!!

No, most just use a custom splash screen and that's it, see an example here:
                    https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...oscope-repair/
                    Hi Per Hansson, you are right it is probibly not the bios i have to rectify on evvblog. the Bios give the different splash.

the most weird thing i have is the same behaviour on two boards. both not coming to live without a card. And With card they work fine. when bios is set to agp the onboard give a picture. (but S3 trio installed) when set to PCI the post screen show on pci card. tested all things like installing windows on a conneted drive all work great but really weird "that must have card"

Comment

Did you even read post #5?
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...39&postcount=5

Comment

@Per hansson: you mean the issues written in the P25 new fixes/features.
                        ew Fixes/Features:
                         Updated VBios to Build 1235.
                         Fixed and issue of not defaulting video to the proprietary video card.
                         Fixed and issue of POST code D0 hang when proprietary video card is installed and
                        CMOS is corrupt.

yes yes i have seen them but the bios version of demindragon his board was P17. and working ok.

Comment

No, version P13 as I quoted in post #5

Comment

now i have read all onder bios issues 1 by 1. indead there was an issue... i gues fixed in the newer version. mine was P22. but i even saw video issues fixed in P25.
                            so will flash to that one later..

Comment

Working...
                            X