Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding a suitable replacement FCHS30A08

Hello Everyone!

I need a replacement FCHS30A08 Schottky Barrier Diode (common cathode) but I do not want to order over-seas and am having trouble locating one in the states.

Could someone recommend a suitable replacement for digikey or mouser?

I have attached the datasheet for the component. It's an 80V 30A Schottky Barrier Diode.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Re: Help finding a suitable replacement FCHS30A08

I did'nt check all the specs that close but, Vishay VF60100C could work
    Or Taiwan Semiconductor, MBRF30200CT

That is a full isolated tab correct?
    Last edited by R_J; 03-13-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

old pc power supply's will have suitable diodes

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        I did'nt check all the specs that close but, Vishay VF60100C could work
        Or Taiwan Semiconductor, MBRF30200CT

That is a full isolated tab correct?
        I see for the Vishay VF60100C, it's rated 100V, 60A. That doesn't matter? Is that just the max values?

When the original says 80V 30A, is that per 30A per diode or 30A total?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          old pc power supply's will have suitable diodes
          What would I need to pay attention to from the original components datasheet?

If I find one that says common cathode and is rated at least 80V 30A, I can use it?

Thanks!

Comment

I also got another diode, part of the charge pump circuit I believe, which I found shorted out.

The numbers on this diode are:
            Code:
            LT5135
            SB5150
            This diode, along with two others, appear to be directly connected to the output of a transformer. I worry with this Visio there might be more wrong. Maybe I'll post a pic in the TV section.

Comment

SB5150 is the part, the S stands for schottky.

and yes, you can use a part with higher numbers - they are just the maximum values it can withstand.

Comment

Yup, I should have said the SB5150 is the part number. I believe the B stands for Barrier.

Comment

If you use a 40A or 60A part, the forward drop might be a little lower (50mV-100mV?). OTOH, if you use a 100V part instead of 80V the forward drop might be a little higher. In a high current dual rectifier, I think common cathode is somewhere between extremely common and just about all there is. I have seen - in semi-ancient times - common anode dual ultrafasts, but they were very uncommon, higher price, and had high junction-case thermal resistance.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Would this STPS30H100C 100 V power Schottky rectifier work for that SOT-220-3 package diode? Could I use the STPS30H100C in place of the FCHS30A08?

I believe I could...I'll just have to bend the middle leg out a bit.

Comment

For the SB5150, I have some HER305-T's that are 3A, 400V 50ns. Do you think I could use them, or do I really need 5 amp ones? I understand the HER305-T is going to have a higher Vf (1.1VDC). That's probably too much, isn't it? That's probably why they're using the Schottky instead of the rectifiers.

Comment

I used the Vishay VF60100C and that worked fine. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X