This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi everyone ! thank you for letting me join on your wonderful forum.. ive been out of the game for almost a decade..Im currently acquiring new tools for now,, i joined here to expand my ideas on the new trend in repairs

Comment

I've been hacking on computers since the C128 Commodore and lately have been doing a lot of research trying to learn hardware hacking skills and BIOS/UEFI modding skills. Found lots of help through here so far and hope to contribute anything I can in the near future. Thanks for having me everyone!

Comment

Hi everyone! I am Samu from Finland.
        I am fixing things for a hobby and want to learn as much as possible.
        Thank you for the knowledge and for this forum.

Comment

Hi there,
          I'm a hobbyist, who's searching for solution to revive my old Zyxel router.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm ryan from indonesia
            Just wanna to get more knowledge about repair electronic
            Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm addicted to electronics, soldering own circuits, repairing all kind of electric/ electronic stuff and all about PC's and peripherals.

I'm looking forward to meet other "nerds" like me to share ideas and solutions.

Comment

Hello
                My name is Haralampi Hvorev. I live in the city of Plovdiv in Bulgaria and I deal with illuminated advertisements. Electronics is my hobby. I also like with FPV as well as repairing some devices. I found the forum by accident while trying to make my own IR station. I hope to find interesting ideas as well as to be useful to someone.

Comment

Hello all-
                  I am a technician that has worked from in multiple places, such as Glenayre (pager transmitters) Motorola Two-way radio field tech for 14 years, GatesAir TV/Radio tech for 6.5 years, and now in the biomedical field (started late last year). Hoping we can all use teamwork to get jobs accomplished for whatever someone needs help with. I will be posting my first thread soon so hoping this will be a fun, yet informative place to help and learn.

Comment

Hi all!
                    My name is Aitor and I am from Spain. I love to repair any type of electronic equipment. Right now I need help with a macbook pro and that's why I've joined this forum. I hope I can help in whatever is needed!

Comment

Hola, recién me registre en este maravilloso foro, un saludo desde Argentina.

Comment

hi guys happy to join BADCAPS FORUM
                        Hope will support to this team and get support as well
                        Thanks

Comment

Hey guys! I've been working in a computer repair shop for a few years always nice to find something on here.

Comment

Hello, joined a few months ago but been reading for longer. Just posting here so that I can have my restrictions lifted. Cheers!

Comment

I have been reading Badcaps Forum post for several years and can usually find a solution to my problem. How do I start a new thread about a problem with my TCL 55S405 power supply.

Comment

Dad Ellis

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up.. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hello I have been in a lot of forums trying to get some information on how to repair my pa 12 infinity subwoofer and really have not had much luck getting information I need but 5 minutes on this forum I got more information than two days worth of time this is a good site with smart decent people thank you bad caps

Comment

Hey All, come from a long background of PC repair but specific electronic repair is not something I am very well versed in anymore, I look forward to talking to you all more and getting help with a few issues and helping others out with the knowledge that I do have

Comment

Hello everyone, I have been repairing radio equipment and laptops for quite a long time. But, Knowledge is power, and as always there are not enough of them))

Thank you for supporting this forum.

Comment

Hey All! I've been building/fixing PCs for quite some time now, but recently got into trying to diagnose and repair electronics of any sort. I've already learned so much just from casually browsing. Hoping to not only learn more, but contribute as well

Comment

Hi!

Found this forum after my laptop broke and have been watching a lot of Youtube and reading the forum for great tips on how to trouble-shoot power issues

Comment

Working...
                                          X