No announcement yet.

Behemot's reviews (Hardware Insights)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you read my reviews in english?

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    And the review is out http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/c...r-than-before/

The testing methodology and evaluation methodology has been changed - price has been removed. There are future plans for comparison table from next review. Stay tuned!

Anybody recognizes the polymers used?
    Bad link?
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Fixl'ed, sorry, I copypasted from another forums
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

And the review is out http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/c...r-than-before/

The testing methodology and evaluation methodology has been changed - price has been removed. There are future plans for comparison table from next review. Stay tuned!

Anybody recognizes the polymers used?
        Looking forward to reading it!

Polymers look like Leaguer brand. The datasheet for the series is not listed there though.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Quality company, the website does not even work
          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

The website works now but I see no UPT, only VPT.

Anyway, there is a preview of Antec Earthwatts Platinum 550 W http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...platinum-unit/

Comment

The website works now but I see no UPT, only VPT.

Anyway, there is a preview of Antec Earthwatts Platinum 550 W http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...platinum-unit/
              Speaking of non-working websites, yours doesn't seem to work either. Is it just me?
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Stupid motherfuckers, third problem in three weeks - only I know about.

I told them last time I will demand discount next time. So I just did, if they don't fix this I am moving the hosting somewhere else when the payment runs out, they can go fuck themselves with this service "quality".

Comment

Stupid motherfuckers, third problem in three weeks - only I know about.

I told them last time I will demand discount next time. So I just did, if they don't fix this I am moving the hosting somewhere else when the payment runs out, they can go fuck themselves with this service "quality".
                  As per your ticket:

I do apologize for the inconvenience - somebody cut the primary fiber and an issue with an upstream provider running the secondary fiber (fiber owned by Comcast) caused the entire facility to disappear from the internet. Each of these problems by themselves would not have caused anymore more than a few moments of packet loss, but together it made for a pretty messy situation.

Due to problems several other providers including Comcast and AT&T were experiencing at the time (their fiber was also cut in several places) we could not get a fiber splicer on site immediately, which delayed resolution of the issue.

Hundreds of websites (not just those hosted with my company) were offline for the duration of this outage, as well as thousands of residential and small business customers using various internet providers in the surrounding area.

While we strive to provide the best service possible, sometimes things happen that we can't control. We did our best to get things online ASAP, but we don't own the facility nor do we own the fiber, so there is only so much we can do. Even if we did own the facility, we wouldn't have any control over the fiber owned by other companies outside of the walls of the datacenter.

We will be doing scheduled maintenance in the coming weeks (and this will be announced to all customers well in advance) that should not be service-affecting to permanently repair the damage caused by the vandalism to the fiber. Repairs to the fiber were done as quickly as possible for minimal attention to detail, so we're going to take each run of fiber offline one at a time, run a complete set of diagnostics, fix it to perfection, and place it back in operation. Since our facility has more than one connection, this should not lead to another outage, but since everything that can go wrong, will go wrong, we do want to prepare customers for a short period of performance deterioration during that work.

As for the two previous issues, those only affected two physical servers. A mistake by a contractor lead to an electrical fault that interrupted the power between the main UPS and backup generator and the servers themselves. Last I heard, that company will no longer be getting any business from the owners of the facility and a different contractor is scheduled to permanently resolve that issue. In the mean time, we made some changes that should prevent that from happening again.

Prior to that we had over a year with absolutely no outages, so I apologize for this cluster of problems - the uptime and performance of your website is our top priority.

An outage any size and any reason is unacceptable and we are providing downtime credits under our 99.9% SLA for customers that request them. However, you are not the direct account holder, so you can not take advantage of this SLA. I have, however, credited the actual account holder with $5 which is more than an entire month of service.

We feel this compensation is more than fair, but if you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again.
                  Last edited by shovenose; 06-23-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah I got that too.

Don't tell me you are still the account holder and Callum only had keys too?

Comment

Yeah I got that too.

Don't tell me you are still the account holder and Callum only had keys too?
                      No - Callum is the account holder. You are not a direct client of ours so we can not issue you credit or provide account-specific assistance.

Comment

So what do you have in common with that firm?

Comment

So what do you have in common with that firm?
                          What? I own the company.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by shovenose; 06-24-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

How am I supposed to know that? They did not say anything in the support form, Callum did not say anything either. your quality is lately!

Well in that case you can switch that account to me? Callum said he would look into some things regarding that, but well, does not seem he found the time. How does such switching even work?
                            Last edited by Behemot; 06-25-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

SilentiumPC Supremo M1 Gold review's finally out http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/s...m-second-time/

Thanks mockingbird!

Comment

Repairing BenQ G2020HD http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/r...-benq-g2020hd/

Comment

Antec Earthwatts Platinum 550 W has been published http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/a...platinum-unit/

Comment

Nice review, thanks for linking it!
                                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Comment

Ahhh, not again

15 162 ms 161 ms 161 ms skyscape-networks.10gigabitethernet3-1.core3.fmt
                                        2.he.net [216.218.190.30]
                                        16 skyscape-networks.10gigabitethernet3-1.core3.fmt2.he.net [216.218.190.30]
                                        reports: Destination host unreachable.
                                        ADD// fixed now

There's a new repairing article - Acer AL1916W (third version) http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/r...third-version/
                                        Last edited by Behemot; 07-28-2015, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Preview: Cooler Master G550M http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...year-warranty/

Comment

Working...
                                          X