X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, new member here

About to make MacFrankenstein from three dead Macbooks!

Comment

Hello there;
      I found myself on this site while searching for information about the Samsung LCD TV motherboard. I thought that when I examined a little, it was formed from a useful community and I had to join.
      The electronic I started in 1989 is now part of my life. I have worked for many years in Samsung, Sony, Philips, Sharp and Vestel authorized services and have had unique experiences. I established my own business a year ago. I am repairing all types of cards in the field of industrial and consumer electronics on a component basis. This is really very enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
        My name is Patrick. I've been a 🔥 firefighter most my live in Washington st and Alaska. The last 15yrs i've been a fire alarm tech. Ive got into electronics. What im working on is a LG 50pg20 plasma tv. Trying to diagnose what needs replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrickdurbin View Post
          My name is Patrick. I've been a 🔥 firefighter most my live in Washington st and Alaska. The last 15yrs i've been a fire alarm tech. Ive got into electronics. What im working on is a LG 50pg20 plasma tv. Trying to diagnose what needs replaced.
          My name is Patrick. One of Bills friends also. Im a life long firefighter and looking for help with repair of a LG plasma

Comment

My name is Patrick. Im a lifelong firefighter in Washington st and Alaska. Got into electronics 10 yrs ago. Im a friend of Bill W. Just wanted to say Hello.

Comment

good evening.... found this site by mistake... was looking for ups schematic.... spent the next couple hours just reading stuff on this site.... lots of good info....tnx....roy

Comment

Hey all,
                Longtime fan of the site here, such a nice community! I've been doing EE stuff for a number of years and I specialize in video game modifications and laptop repairs. See my site here:
                https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro

Though I also tinker and repair just about everything under the sun. Got some video tutorials I make online too.

Looking forward to being part of the community here

-SSF

Comment

Hello,

I'm a newly graduated mechanical engineer. I love taking things apart and fixing just about anything I can get my hands on. I usually stick with anything off-road or with a motor but I have always tinkered with electronics. I bought a few tv's that wouldn't turn on just to figure them out and learn. I've been wanting to learn to diagnose them for a few months and now that I'm graduated I finally have time. I will be starting a new position as an electrical field service engineer here soon and want to squeeze in a few projects. Thanks and happy holidays!

Comment

i'm an enthusisastic with eletric components that want some knowledge about receiver and audio components fix. I'm brazillian

Comment

Hi I am Ajaz, i am from Pakistan,

I do Component repair for fun. I love to work on new projects.

I am inspired by quotes " always try something new, remember, Arc was built by Amateurs, Titanic was built by Professionals."

Comment

Nice to "meet" you.
                        My name is Gianluca, Italy, 45.
                        I would like science to win over human stupidity, to know the truth about aliens, and about other mysteries ... and in the meantime I try to survive in an increasingly stupid world.
                        Electronics gives me life, even if it's not easy ...

Comment

Howdy
                          Stumbled across this forum while diagnosing a bad backlight on my daughters LCD.
                          Also in IT and love my retro computers, Amstrads, Amigas and C64's.
                          Hail from the land down under

Comment

New to site. Looking forward to much reading. I'm an Electronics Tech.

Comment

Hi Guys
                              My Name is Michel and I just have joined this forum today.

Being an Electronic eng. I hate to see stuff get lost and like to fix my stuff myself... Curently I have a Plasma TV going bad , likely the AC detect curcuit.

So I intend to use the Optocopler bypass and see if this will fix it

Also ,I was very pleased when I saw this solution on this forum ,and look forward for more sharing...

Michel

Comment

Hi! Thanks for letting me in. I am not in the business of repairing electronics, I am more of a hobbyist or weekend warrior, I buy and sell stuff at flea markets and often pick up things that need repairs. I am fairly knowledgeable and competent with meters and soldering irons so I am not afraid to crack open the case and dig in. I sometimes need assistance and am here to ask you more experienced folks when I do need it. I posted an issue I am having with an LG tv ( really? an LG? wow, it's so rare that they have problems!!) and I am hoping y'all can guide me to a proper solution!! And maybe I will be able to pay it forward with someone else's problem!! Thanks
                                Last edited by dakotadevans; 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you for allowing me access, my name is glenn , owner of stuffinabox solutions llc. Opening a shop in greenville michigan some of an electronics background and new to board repair but learning. Self taught at everything I do and 15 years of business with Hughes network systems as a installation contractor in both the residential and commercial markets.

Comment

hi

Comment

Good Morning, greeting from Indonesia. it's nice to be here. thank you.

Comment

Hi, I'm an electronic eng. in search of knowledge about lcd tvs and also to share my knowledge of electronics.

Comment

Vi. This is Rafa from Bilbao, in the north of Spain, a new member just learning how to solve some issues. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X