Panasonic Plasma 10 red blinking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma 10 red blinking lights

I am having problems with what I believe is my A board? My TV will only turn on if I unplug the TV then plug it back in. If I turn the TV off with the remote then try to turn it back on the red light blinks 10 times. From what I have read that means something is wrong with my A board and will be very expensive to pay to have it fixed. I would like to fix this my self but have zero experience doing something like this. I dont even think I have the correct tools, or know what tools I need. As I read other message boards it sounds like this is an easy fix, but I need to know exactly (step by step) how I can fix my issue. For example I dont even know how to attach a capacitor or whatever its called...

Is there anyone that can help me figure out what I can do to save a few hundred dollars, or a step by step manual that will guide me along?

Re: Panasonic Plasma 10 red blinking lights

can you post the exact model number of your set up then we can try to locate a manual for it .

Comment

th42pz85u

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

10 blinks on this model i think is the SOS code for over voltage, my research reveals its commonly a bad diode. Some have reported a zeener diode ZD302 which stopps the 15v rail from starting.

Comment

Jeff, does that mean I need to locate the ZD302 part test the voltage and replace if the part went bad?

Comment

well a start would be to check and see if thats shorted. but its not necessarily your issue, it could be anything setting off an over voltage issue. post some high resolution pictures of the power supply board.

Comment

From the Panasonic Training Manual - 11th Generation HD Plasmas

Troubleshooting 10 blinks Condition At Plug In

These 3 conditions can cause the TV to shutdown and the power LED to blink 10 times

1. Missing/Shorted F_STB_15V
              2. Missing/Shorted SUB9V, SUB5V, and SUB3.3V
              3. Wrong diagnostic by the A board

Note: When taking voltage reading, place the voltmeter probe at the test point, component, or connector's pin indicated before connecting the TV to the AC line. This will ensure voltage reading accuracy before the TV shuts down.

To troubleshoot a PDP TV that is shutting down and the power LED blinks 10 times:
              • Find out if 15V is output at pin 7, 8, or 9 of connector P6 of the P board. If no voltage is output, the P board may be defective.
              • If the F_STB_15V voltage is OK, it's likely that the A board is defective.
              • Since some of the Sub-voltages generated by the A board are connected to the K, GS, and GH boards, it's also likely that one of these board may cause the unit to shut down and the power LED to blink 10 times.
              • Disconnect connector A1/K1 to isolate the K board.
              • Disconnect connector A/52GS52 to isolate the GS board.
              • Disconnect connector A11/GH11 to isolate the GH board.
              • The defective board is found when the connector that provides the sub-voltages to that board is removed and the TV no longer shuts down.

Sub-Voltages Distribution
              • The F+15V from the P board is the source that supplies the DC-DC converter (IC5400 and IC5401) in the A board. The A board outputs 9V, 5V, and 3.3V.
              • The 9V is only used by the A board.
              • The 5V, besides being used in the A board, is also distributed to the K and GH boards.
              • The 3.3V is used in the A board and it's also provided to the GH and GS boards.
              • A 10 blinks code from the power LED indicates abnormalities on any of these voltages.

Troubleshooting 10 blinks Condition At Power On

These 5 conditions can cause the TV to shutdown and the power LED to blink 10 times:

1. Missing/Shorted F_STB_15V
              2. Shorted P15V
              3. Missing/Shorted SUB9V, SUB5V, and SUB3.3V
              4. Missing Vda (Shorted Vda causes 5 blinks)
              5. Wrong diagnostic by the A board

Note: The P15V and the F_STB_15V are created by the same circuit in the power supply circuit. A shorted P15V, normally causes the TV to shut down and the power LED to blink 2 times.
              Sometimes a shorted P15V affects the F_STB_15V and this causes the TV to shutdown making the power LED blink 10 times.

To troubleshoot a PDP TV that is shutting down and the power LED blinks 10 times:
              • Isolate the SC and the SS boards (They may cause a 10 blinks shutdown). Disconnecting P6 and P7 allows for only the panel drive section to be driven. If the LED on the SS board and the LED on the SC board are lit, then the SS and the SC boards are OK and the A board is suspected to be defective.
              • If the LEDs on the SS and SC boards are not lit, then isolate them one at time.
              • If the SS and SC boards are OK, then the P board may be defective.
              veritas odium parit

Comment

This is the only picture I could get to upload. I keep getting an error that wont let me up load pictures. The picture is a bit blurry, but I believe its a close up of zeener diode ZD302.
                Attached Files

Comment

cant realy see much in the picture this guide is good though to help you.
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...559#post234559

Comment

If I have a hard time uploading pictures how on earth am I going to fix this TV!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Have you performed the steps in Post 7 according to when the blinks start?
                      veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by bigfathurting View Post
                        If I have a hard time uploading pictures how on earth am I going to fix this TV!!
                        Are your images smaller than 2000x2000 and less than 1.91 MB each?
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Toasty, I have not yet tried the steps you provided. I dont really have the tools and am still in the process of getting what I need. Are all of the boards labeled or do I need to be looking at a chart that labels everything?

Comment

In a Panasonic, the boards should be labeled.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfathurting View Post
                              Toasty, I have not yet tried the steps you provided. I dont really have the tools and am still in the process of getting what I need. Are all of the boards labeled or do I need to be looking at a chart that labels everything?
                              Get the manual(s) from elektrotanya.com. You only get 2 a day, but I think there's only 4.
                              veritas odium parit

Comment

Try this.
                                http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...001318&page=46

service manuals

http://www.scribd.com/doc/46124232/T...GPH11DU-Chasis

http://www.scribd.com/doc/24963802/1...Plasma-Display

Comment

i have something to ask i have a 50 inch panasonic flat screen tv and i turn the tv on and it shows me the screen and then a few after the screen goes black and the power light starts to blink anyone now how to fix this please leave msg or email me thank you... model number is yd3462596

Comment

How many blinks does the LED do?
                                    Model code is incorrect, it will be something like TC-P50G10B.
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i have a Panasonic plasma TH-P50UM its got the same 10 blinks red led. the service guy visited and told me there is a problem with the A board and told me that the part is not available. The part number is TZTNP01LHUM. can some guide step by step trouble shoot it or i got no option but to upgrade to led

Comment

Originally posted by smith black View Post
                                        i have a Panasonic plasma TH-P50UM its got the same 10 blinks red led. the service guy visited and told me there is a problem with the A board and told me that the part is not available. The part number is TZTNP01LHUM. can some guide step by step trouble shoot it or i got no option but to upgrade to led
                                        You really need to start a new thread listing your fault and the set make and model-number, Your question wont really get seen being tacked onto an existing thread....
                                        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                                        X