Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot air rework station

Hello
    I am ready to graduate for soldering iron to Hot air rework station for under $100.00 dollars. I would like your opinion on Kendal 2 IN 1 SMD HOT AIR REWORK SOLDERING IRON STATION 852D+

http://www.amazon.com/REWORK-SOLDERI...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

Thanks

Re: Hot air rework station

Find something similar at the 250$ range, which will be called as reliable tool.

This is my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
      Find something similar at the 250$ range, which will be called as reliable tool.

This is my advice.
      What I am looking for is a hot air station that can be reliable enough untill
      I get more jobs coming in then I would be able to buy a more expensive hot air station. Thanks for your advice

Comment

I have see with my blue eyes ( live ) the inner treasure of four similar devices.
        Other than be extremely noisy, they have an tremendously high rate of failure.
        Many of them they do not even work, just out of the box!

I am not trying to look as smart ass, I am trying to protect you. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
          I have see with my blue eyes ( live ) the inner treasure of four similar devices.
          Other than be extremely noisy, they have an tremendously high rate of failure.
          Many of them they do not even work, just out of the box!

I am not trying to look as smart ass, I am trying to protect you. :-)
          That's Ok let's change the target price what would you suggest at the 250.00 mark.

Comment

AVOID Aoyue and other clones. Got one, caused so much trouble for me!!
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

After reading the reviews on this workstation it seen to be OK for the price. One person didn't like the all plasitic soldering iron holder. Its not the best but it will work and do the job

Also looking at the return policy you have 30 days to return it if it doesn't working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                What brand should I look at ?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  I bought an Aoyue 850A a couple of weeks back and havent had any issues... any advice or warnings on what to watch out for? So far it's done it's job and is very quiet.

Comment

I have a Kendal 899 and the hot air side it's great. The only problem I'm having is the short cable. Eventually I will change it for a longer one.
                    The iron it's OK(had issues melting big joints or big surfaces, the 3.6mm tip helped a bit), but after purchasing a Weller digital station, I don't even think about using it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnLWG View Post
                      I bought an Aoyue 850A a couple of weeks back and havent had any issues... any advice or warnings on what to watch out for? So far it's done it's job and is very quiet.
                      My 968 keeps crashing! The micro in it has locked up several times with garbage on the display. So far I think I've been lucky - the header hasn't seemed to get stuck on permanently when it locks up, but presumably that's possible. Also, the soldering iron heating element failed after a year, as did the hot air...
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My vote goes to Aoyue too, but with analogue controls.

Comment

I have the Sparkfun unit, (I think it's a re-branded Aoyue) and I've been very happy with it so far. Have done a bit of SMD repair with it, and removed various components off of a bad motherboard for practice.

Man it does and awesome job on heatshrink. I used to use the side of a soldering iron or a lighter. My heatshrink jobs look so good now.
                          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

hi everybody, i have one "HOT AIR REWORK SOLDERING IRON STATION 852D+" too and i have used it for more than 1 year up to now. i'm very happy with it.

in working lab, i have my OKI hot air rework

but i prefer the 852D+ for easy control and less expensive

Comment

Working...
                            X