Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 1030

Originally posted by e900 View Post
    all done, did a verify with ASProgrammer and all ok (no errors)

Took x2 dumps, both on ASProgrammer.
    Excellent! Good job, now just wait to compare all files, and if it's the same will proceed with the unlock. So be patient.

P.S. All files have the same content - good job.
    Last edited by Vesko356; 02-16-2020, 07:16 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Now erase the chip, write this file, verify the written file and power up the machine. If everything is ok reply here, if not will prepare new file to try with.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just running a verify.

Once OK, is the system able to boot with the usb connected as im soldered to the board?

Comment

Just running a verify.

Once OK, is the system able to boot with the usb connected as im soldered to the board?
          Yes but disconnect the wires from the programmer side. Just leave the wires as is soldered to the chip (make sure they are not tuching anything or each other!). Just raise the lever and remove the connector from the programmer.
          Last edited by Vesko356; 02-16-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Ok, switched on, no display, power light on, keyboard flashes, and fan start spinning.
            I have the hdd attched, Wifi adapter plugged in,

Programmer disconnected
            Last edited by e900; 02-16-2020, 08:01 AM. Reason: programmer disconnected

Comment

Ok, switched on, no display, power light on, keyboard flashes, and fan start spinning.
              I have the hdd attched, Wifi adapter plugged in,

Programmer disconnected
              OK, hold on. Will prepare second file to try with.

Comment

sure will do, im just placing the board back in the case, mount the screws and plug the cables in...is that ok? or should i leave it disconnected ?

Comment

sure will do, im just placing the board back in the case, mount the screws and plug the cables in...is that ok? or should i leave it disconnected ?
                  It's OK, just disconnect charger and battery if you playing with the screen connector!

Try it and feedback to me:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Vesko356; 02-16-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IM in, i can see the see just doing the system time

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IM in, i can see the see just doing the system time
                      So we are back in business - pretty cool, huh?

Comment

yes password is clear, can access the bios THANK YOU!!
                        Really appreciate it.
                        Im just running through the settings will close it up and put the battery back in.

Im finding the computer a while to goto the HP / splash screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          So we are back in business - pretty cool, huh?
                          Amazing work,

How can one learn about bios modifications?

Comment

Amazing work,
                            Congratulations!!! I'm very glad we did the job, and I'm just imagine how pleased you are with the result. It's like magic, right? Enjoy the result of a job well done. Have fun!

Comment

I want to cry..and say sorry.

So tonight i closed the laptop up, tested it all earlier working great, set time date and settings and its save it, and then...........

begun removing the wires.....with a cutter ( i managed to snip close to the contact) and twisting the wire and arghhhhhh

I wish i didnt and now it wont power on, just power light on.

On inspecting the chip area it looks like the gold contact pad on pin 2 is missing.
                              The rest of the pins look OK as the solder is intact minus the wire, just pin2 (the one below pin 1) is no solder and no gold contact.

Could I have damanged the chip and or will this be repairable with just a new pad / gold pad? I have a magnifying glass and im pretty sure I can see the solder contact on pin 2 but no gold pad on the board.

I did disconnect the battery and have no power to the laptop.

I know have to wait for a week to get the board checked, as the guy who soldered for me is on holidays.

I feel so so bad after the hard work by you. Truley gutted and i hope it can be fixed without a new chip.
                              Last edited by e900; 02-16-2020, 05:24 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

I just can't believe... after a half day work...
                                A cutter? You must be joking. Why?

No, it's not the chip, most probably you ripped off the pad, and now the signal is missing from this pin to the board.
                                Take a good quality photo of the damaged area, most probably the path from that pin to the board can be restored with a wire, but let's see. And don't touch the cutter anymore.
                                Last edited by Vesko356; 02-17-2020, 04:33 AM.

Comment

i know.

Pictures attached, the first ? x4 of the pics are through a magnifying glass (looks worse then it is........hopefully it isnt)

Looking at the pics, i can see solder on the pin 2 so i think it maybe pin 4?

Let me know what you think.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

i know.

Pictures attached, the first ? x4 of the pics are through a magnifying glass (looks worse then it is........hopefully it isnt)

Looking at the pics, i can see solder on the pin 2 so i think it maybe pin 4?

Let me know what you think.
                                    it turned out to be exactly what I thought - pad on pin 2 is ripped off, it looks pretty bad, but it's fixable. But it's advisable to be done by someone who has experience in soldering. See the picture:
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, amazing point out. I didnt notice the track im just looking below the chip to see where it connects to.

I will have to wait till next week for the guy to be available.

Will post back with update.

Comment

Update - we chacked under x25 microscope and the chip is damaged, "the anchors" are missing.

So means new chip time.
                                        Do I have to get the same one? I guess i can pick one from ebay?

Comment

Working...
                                        X